Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: New Season

By Gscorpio
1/29/2024 9:34 pm
I usually have 3 TE but use my FB as a 4th in case of an emergency

By Vikings_Fan
1/31/2024 2:39 am
GG Bulldogs. Congratulations on your Stars Conference championship. Your squad engineered a terrific touchdown drive in the waning minutes of the 4th quarter to pull out the win. Good luck in the Elite Bowl against the Warriors. Should be a great game.

By trslick
1/31/2024 10:56 am
GG Americans, looked like we were done, congrats on the season!

By trslick
2/02/2024 10:18 am
Congrats to the Warriors!

By amalric7
2/02/2024 11:19 am
Thanks trslick! Looks like it was our time in the playoffs (overcoming the undefeated Bombers, for one), and our day. More than makes up for all the playoff failures to this point!

By Phaldun
2/02/2024 11:44 am
Congradulations Amalric of the Mighty Champion Warriors! Now we all gotta pin our ears back and come after you next season.
Last edited at 2/02/2024 11:44 am

By Vikings_Fan
2/02/2024 1:27 pm
Congrats, Warriors! A great run through a gauntlet of difficult playoff opponents. Kudos!

Question about the upcoming preseason...

By Vikings_Fan
2/02/2024 2:51 pm
I have a question for our League Administrator (and our community of team owners.)

Do our play diversity rules strictly apply to the upcoming preseason games or, alternately, can we use the preseason games as a laboratory of defensive and offensive play calling to prepare our teams for the play diversity rules required for the regular season?

Here's an example to illustrate what I am thinking. We want to elevate the 4-WR and 5-WR formations to a more prominent role in play diversity. To facilitate the same, we need to get as many reps as possible with these formations to determine which plays are effective enough to include in our 40 offensive plays on game day. (The same is true of the lesser used formations on the defensive side of the ball, e.g., 4-Deep Zone, 4-Deep Man, etc.) Can we use the preseason games for this purpose, i.e., to run a high volume of these plays to prep for the regular season?

By IoanBlood
2/02/2024 3:06 pm
Vikings_Fan wrote:
I have a question for our League Administrator (and our community of team owners.)

Do our play diversity rules strictly apply to the upcoming preseason games or, alternately, can we use the preseason games as a laboratory of defensive and offensive play calling to prepare our teams for the play diversity rules required for the regular season?

Here's an example to illustrate what I am thinking. We want to elevate the 4-WR and 5-WR formations to a more prominent role in play diversity. To facilitate the same, we need to get as many reps as possible with these formations to determine which plays are effective enough to include in our 40 offensive plays on game day. (The same is true of the lesser used formations on the defensive side of the ball, e.g., 4-Deep Zone, 4-Deep Man, etc.) Can we use the preseason games for this purpose, i.e., to run a high volume of these plays to prep for the regular season?

There should be no restriction for your pre-season. The 3 games are practice games in my eyes. So go ahead! ;-)

Clarification of "Full Play Selection and Diversity Rule"...

By Vikings_Fan
2/02/2024 6:47 pm
I have another question for our League Administrator (and our community of team owners.)

As the EFL transitions over to season #2 with the new play diversity rules, there is an issue that needs clarification that has been lightly touched directly (and hinted at indirectly) on the message board(s).

Part of the description of the rules state that teams should "...select a full 40 offense and 30 defense plays. At least 2 plays from each personnel and formation sets on offense, and all Secondary & Linebacker sets on defense, other than Blitz 2+."

It is clear from this statement what is required offensively, but is less clear defensively. That portion of the statement that addresses defense says "...and all Secondary & Linebacker sets on defense, other than the Blitz 2+" does not expressly say "2 plays" for each of these sets on defense as it does for offense.

So, the question is as follows... To be in compliance with the rules on defense, must teams have at least one play from all Secondary & Linebacker sets on defense or, alternately, must teams have at least two plays from all Secondary & Linebacker sets on defense?