League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

New Season

By GrandadB - League Admin
12/11/2023 7:38 am
The following was sent out to all owners in the league. No one has hit the ultimate, 40 off plays and 30 defense plays used in a game, but there have been some close ones, In another league, had a guy hit 39 and 28 in one game.

If you want to know what the "big deal" is about doing the diversity, it is simply that it adds to both the challenge in scouting and gameplanning, and to the fun/enjoyment of watching the game. Thats about it, and am hoping that the next new version of the game will have this built into it with the same controls used for roster level and active players. The AI kicks in (which no one wants) if you have too many players on your roster or your have more than 46 active for the game.

Re: New Season

By JohnWayneCowboy
12/11/2023 9:27 pm
what are the 2 best plays to add to the off for value effect. RB or a FB with high acc in order to get the 3 yards (or under) for a 1st down ??

By Phaldun
12/13/2023 11:14 am
Um..... every time I dial up your diversity rules........the only thing that results is that I lose the games. Basically you are forcing us to use/add plays that will allow the other teams to win the game. I always balance my plays well so there is no overuse, but adding a bunch of plays on offense that dont work, and a bunch of plays on defense that allows the other team to score is not fair either.

By IoanBlood
12/14/2023 9:35 am
Phaldun wrote:
Um..... every time I dial up your diversity rules........the only thing that results is that I lose the games. Basically you are forcing us to use/add plays that will allow the other teams to win the game. I always balance my plays well so there is no overuse, but adding a bunch of plays on offense that dont work, and a bunch of plays on defense that allows the other team to score is not fair either.

Question: What do I do differently than you?
I'm fully adhering to GDB's rules of diversity and had missed only once the play-offs in all his leagues. And even then I had a winning season (>8 w).

By Phaldun
12/18/2023 6:12 pm
Not sure.....all I know is that when I follow these rules, we lose. I mean I was following them beforehand and had diversity with no over uses so I'm just going to go back to that.

By Phaldun
12/20/2023 11:46 am
Good Job Trislic of the Bulldogs. Always a tough team and really stupid of me not to make it back in time for final team cuts and game planning before 1st game of the season. Gotta figure a way out here.

By trslick
12/20/2023 12:29 pm
GG Boston

By trslick
12/22/2023 11:59 am
GG Snappers

By Phaldun
12/22/2023 1:54 pm
Good game Josh of the Salem Witches.