League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: New Season

By Phaldun
2/29/2024 12:55 pm
Hey Grandpa, just wanted to let you know you do a great job here on MFN for all of us. I just had one question cause I'm scouting you for our next game. Now I might still be confused about what we can and can't do. I see that over the first two games you called attack3 goaline D 34 times. For the last game, you called it 16 times. It was my understanding from talking to you that this would not be ok. Isn't the play call rule all of us trying to keep it under 10 times? You kept saying something about not being able to run much if owners overuse 4-3 and goaline D. Maybe you made an announcement and change some rules that I missed? Or it could be because of a rule you created to match the offense, and your opponents are running a bunch of Jumbo formations. I dunno, thats is why I am asking before our game simulates.
Last edited at 3/01/2024 11:33 am

By IoanBlood
3/02/2024 2:04 am
Game 3 vs Dragons

O 28/40
D 22/30 1x 9, 1x 6
Last edited at 3/02/2024 2:05 am

By IoanBlood
3/02/2024 2:18 am
Phaldun wrote:
Hey Grandpa, just wanted to let you know you do a great job here on MFN for all of us. I just had one question cause I'm scouting you for our next game. Now I might still be confused about what we can and can't do. I see that over the first two games you called attack3 goaline D 34 times. For the last game, you called it 16 times. It was my understanding from talking to you that this would not be ok. Isn't the play call rule all of us trying to keep it under 10 times? You kept saying something about not being able to run much if owners overuse 4-3 and goaline D. Maybe you made an announcement and change some rules that I missed? Or it could be because of a rule you created to match the offense, and your opponents are running a bunch of Jumbo formations. I dunno, thats is why I am asking before our game simulates.

Hey, Phaldun. I analysed GDB's first 2 games. It looks like everything was according our given rules. The high amount of GL defense resulted out of a high use of GL and 3RB offense plays. Only 3 times it was used against other plays.

By Vikings_Fan
3/02/2024 8:59 am
Game #3 vs. Venom.

GG Venom. (You don't have a Punter on your roster. This resulted in several blocked punts and poor field position.)

Offense = 29 / 40 (1 x 4)

Defense = 24 / 30 (1 x 6)

By Phaldun
3/02/2024 11:41 am
Good Game Grandpa. Probably one of the most difficult places to play at is your stadium. Good Defense.

Offense: 34/40
Defense: 22/30
Last edited at 3/02/2024 11:44 am

By GrandadB - League Admin
3/02/2024 6:47 pm
yeah, think we got the home cookin on that one, you're lookin good Phal.

By Vikings_Fan
3/03/2024 6:35 am
This solid league, which had no owner vacancies at the end of last season, now has 10 unowned teams. This is similar to what many leagues are experiencing with the surprise announcement of the subscription model back on 02/12/2024.

To help attract new team owners to vacant teams that are competitive, the other league that I am in immediately cleared the Dead Cap on the unowned teams, as early in the season as possible, and on a continuing basis throughout the season. This gives the Artificial Intelligence for unowned teams maximum dollars to re-sign as many of their good players as possible so they don't end up in Free Agency, further destroying the roster quality of the unowned team. Sounds like a very necessary thing to do if we are to attract new team owners to competitive teams and save as many leagues as possible.

Just my $.02 worth.

By Phaldun
3/03/2024 2:38 pm
GrandadB wrote:
yeah, think we got the home cookin on that one, you're lookin good Phal.

What were your numbers Grandpa?

By IoanBlood
3/05/2024 4:55 am
GG Crusaders

O 35/40
D 23/30 1x8, 2x6

By Vikings_Fan
3/05/2024 8:25 am
GG Mud Dogs. (Since you don't have a Punter on your roster, your team had 7 of your punts blocked. Since you don't have a Kicker on your roster, your team missed all of its field goal attempts including a 22 yard chip shot. Please consider picking up a Punter and a Kicker to help maintain competitive balance in our league. You have $90 million in cap space and four open roster positions so this would not be a hardship for your team.)

Offense = 29 / 40 (1 x 6)

Defense = 25 / 30 (1 x 9 and 1 x 8, both Goal Line defenses as my opponent ran 20+ Goal Line offense plays.)