League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: HEADLINE SPORTS

By Garrok
5/16/2020 1:10 pm
I think the Phantoms offense has more to do with Rochester’s defense who has always played stout, fundamentally sound ball. We are going to have our hands full in this one!

By plasteredpickl2
5/16/2020 8:52 pm
All respect to red rocks, i was not expecting the game to go how it did. im glad it did but i expected to get smashed especially since my run game was doing little to nothing. GG and cant wait to have another showdown with teh dragons.

By Phaldun
5/16/2020 10:35 pm
Garrok wrote:
I think the Phantoms offense has more to do with Rochester’s defense who has always played stout, fundamentally sound ball. We are going to have our hands full in this one!

Yea, I was worried about Rochester's Defense the whole game. Their offense has a solid running game, that grinds clock out perfect with the way they won some important games. They often seem to be in FG range. They have kicked a lot of FGs, and have won many games. However, I believe it is the Phantoms who will have their hands full........going into the Talon's home stadium. Hey we have done this before ;)
Last edited at 5/17/2020 1:45 pm

By Garrok
5/17/2020 12:59 am
GG Spartans, we get bailed out by the turnovers again!
Congrats on the division title, hope we meet again in the playoffs next year.

By andrewjolson71
5/18/2020 3:12 pm
plasteredpickl2 wrote:
All respect to red rocks, i was not expecting the game to go how it did. im glad it did but i expected to get smashed especially since my run game was doing little to nothing. GG and cant wait to have another showdown with teh dragons.

That was a great defensive struggle! Interceptions and penalties did me in again!

By GrandadB - League Admin
5/19/2020 11:17 am
Where the **** was Claypoole???? !!!!! Did he have covid? lol What a mystery, in all the time Ive been playin this game, I havnt experienced a situation or happening like that one, Sims, the FB, gets 9 receptions?? So, I dont know *** happ'd with that, either your Crush was that good or the sim was that bad for the Dragons, either way congrats on the win pickle/Crush, you broke the streak of Dragon CC's, good luck in the LC. This end of season, I will make sure that Im in the hunt for good FA's if they're available. Got a real fat wallet built up.
Last edited at 5/19/2020 4:21 pm

By plasteredpickl2
5/19/2020 11:27 am
Thanks GrandadB, im honestly surprised and perplexed as to what happened that game. Everything just seemed to go my way perfectly. Ive had some decently close games with you the past few seasons and i finally snagged one from you. GG, on to the talons.

By Phaldun
5/19/2020 2:13 pm
Good game Garrok. We did have a chance, but you kept getting those field goals in and expanding the lead and your defense just shut us down after we scored 1 TD. Good luck in the big one.
Last edited at 5/19/2020 4:17 pm

By Garrok
5/19/2020 6:13 pm
Phaldun wrote:
Good game Garrok. We did have a chance, but you kept getting those field goals in and expanding the lead and your defense just shut us down after we scored 1 TD. Good luck in the big one.

GG Phantoms. We got the dream start returning the opening kick for a TD and then we were able to play our game. Stretch the lead and tighten the screws drive by drive. A dangerous strategy against a team like yours that can go the distance from anywhere on the field; lucky it worked for us this game.

Pickle, looking forward to a fun game against you for all the marbles. Good luck :-)

By RedNU
5/19/2020 9:09 pm
Congrats to Tallahassee and Canton for advancing to the Elite Bowl...you have to go back to the early weeks three seasons ago to find the last time these two teams squared off in a meaningful contest!

Have to confess, I did a double take to make sure I read the Crush-Dragons score correctly.