League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: HEADLINE SPORTS

By plasteredpickl2
5/19/2020 11:56 pm
RedNU wrote:
Congrats to Tallahassee and Canton for advancing to the Elite Bowl...you have to go back to the early weeks three seasons ago to find the last time these two teams squared off in a meaningful contest!

Have to confess, I did a double take to make sure I read the Crush-Dragons score correctly.

I almost rewatched the game to make sure it wasnt glitched... im surprised by my team and also so proud. Im hoping we can make the Elite bowl game fun and entertaining.
Last edited at 5/19/2020 11:57 pm

By RedNU
5/20/2020 10:24 pm
Ugh...had hoped to write this up and/or give the Red-n-Mrs. Red Pregame Show today, but have been wrestling with work, network and still computer issues all day *sigh*

Canton in its first-ever Elite Bowl appearance...Talons going after win No. 38 in a row.

Best of luck to you both!!

By trslick
5/21/2020 10:36 am
Congrats to the Talons!

By Phaldun
5/21/2020 1:21 pm
Congratulations Garrok on the Elite League title!

By plasteredpickl2
5/21/2020 3:58 pm
GG Talons. Glad we can make it interesting for 3 quarters against your powerhouse of a team. Congrats hope that we can do this again, (with a different outcome next time lol).

By Garrok
5/21/2020 4:46 pm
Thanks Pickle - and GG to you too. When I was prepping for the game I knew it was going to be a tight one, you've built a really great team there and I think you're going to make noise for years to come.
This felt like a vintage loss for us and going into the 4th Q I figured it was going to be the end of our run. We needed to assert ourselves at the end of the game and the play-off experience pulled us through (scoring on all 4th Q possessions and adding 2 INTs).

Dedicating this one to Coach Shula - RIP.

By RedNU
5/21/2020 5:33 pm
Congrats Talons on the back-to-back runs and 38 straight wins and to Canton for making it extremely entertaining entering the fourth quarter! Great season for the Crush!

Enjoy the off-season and we'll see you all (well most all...may have lost a coach in Brooklyn or might just be a renewal issue) next season!

By RedNU
5/26/2020 4:11 pm
THE WAY-TOO-SHORT DRAFT PREVIEW

I have 26 hours to submit my grading for this messed up quarter and way too many students to still strangl..er..."reach out to" for the administration. So you get the worlds quickest draft preview today...

QB -- Grade D- -- There's one...in a pinch...two if you get a good roll...zero future superstars though.

RB -- Grade D -- The top two will be impact players. Below that the speed falls off considerably.

FB -- Grade F -- Evidently they don't use this position in college any. more. Some of the top FB's have speeds that make linemen look fast.

TE -- Grade A -- What a year to need a tight end! There are 4-5 names here that would normally be the top name in the draft at this position. Lots of future performers here.

WR -- Grade C+ -- Thin on high-end talent and superstar speed. Decent on fill-the-ranks depth that can upgrade bench or WR3/WR4 depth.

OL -- Grade C -- Six immediate starter bodies for most teams in the league, but not the same level of depth that we normally find at the position. If you need a C out of this year's class you could be particularly screwed.

P/K -- Grade C -- Two punters, two kickers...so a touch short on depth, but 3 of the 4 are probably minimal-risk locks that make them worth possible draft pick-up if you have a particular need.

DL -- Grade B+ for DE, C for DT -- The best position to need someone this season looks like LDE where potentially up to 8 names could have starting/active backup potential in the league. That list trims to about 4-5 names at DT. That said, there is at least one possible future all-star on the list here and several other strong starting contenders, so what it lacks in depth it makes up for in quality.

LB -- Grade B for MLB, C+ for OLB -- There's a deeper pool in the middle than in some seasons when I track this, so again I grade up for that. What we seem to lack position-wide however is a player who is truly an anchor for a D unit. There's decent players, but there's not a soul crusher here for opposing offenses.

CB -- Grade A- -- Six names that can be prominent components of most secondaries in the league virtually assures this will be an early feeding frenzy area in the draft. We drop off in the talent pool quickly after that though, so the position is thin on quality depth/bench reinforcements.

By ChrisBroNext
5/26/2020 5:43 pm
I need to walk away. Job too busy. I may be back.

By RedNU
5/26/2020 8:45 pm
ChrisBroNext wrote:
I need to walk away. Job too busy. I may be back.

Hope you're able to Chris -- door's always open for you in my leagues!