League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

2020 Playoffs

By CooterBrown
5/03/2018 12:12 am
Just wanted to toss out a best of luck to all who made it into the post-season dance! Not exactly sure how the boys from MIL got in as a 2 seed, or if we can even get one win, but happy to have a good season and will try to give our bestest!!!

Re: 2020 Playoffs

By eyeballll
5/04/2018 12:01 am
Good game, Otterpop... Man, my defense has finally decided to play some football! It's about time, but you were the unfortunate victim of their sudden surge... Good luck in the offseason.

By Infinity on Trial
5/04/2018 8:22 am
Welp, see you all next postseason. Plenty of reasons I lost, but I'll sure be glad when exploiting broken AI with rotating QBs isn't one of them.

By kicker10bog
5/04/2018 11:03 am
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Welp, see you all next postseason. Plenty of reasons I lost, but I'll sure be glad when exploiting broken AI with rotating QBs isn't one of them.

I'll be glad when that's gone too even though I take advantage of it.

By billstein
5/04/2018 5:08 pm
I thought you had me Infinity. You pretty much shut me down in the 2nd half.

On another note, please excuse my naivete on the subject, but what is the benefit of rotating QB's that needs to be fixed?
I only do it because I don't fully trust either of them, so I'd rather pull one as soon as he starts getting tired. I'm unaware of any unfair advantage.

By kicker10bog
5/04/2018 5:32 pm
billstein wrote:
On another note, please excuse my naivete on the subject, but what is the benefit of rotating QB's that needs to be fixed?
I only do it because I don't fully trust either of them, so I'd rather pull one as soon as he starts getting tired. I'm unaware of any unfair advantage.

First, it's not an unfair advantage because anyone can do it.

The problem is that QBs' quality of play drops off too much when they get tired. They play much better when fresh. I think the real issue is that they play too good when fresh.
Last edited at 5/04/2018 5:32 pm

By billstein
5/04/2018 5:41 pm
OK. Thanks.

I didn't want anyone thinking I was purposely taking advantage of a glitch.

By Infinity on Trial
5/04/2018 8:51 pm
billstein wrote:
OK. Thanks.

I didn't want anyone thinking I was purposely taking advantage of a glitch.

No hard feelings. The best anecdote is to win anyway.

By Infinity on Trial
5/04/2018 8:59 pm
kicker10bog wrote:
billstein wrote:

First, it's not an unfair advantage because anyone can do it.

The problem is that QBs' quality of play drops off too much when they get tired. They play much better when fresh. I think the real issue is that they play too good when fresh.

You are correct that anybody can do it. I'll be happy when there's no advantage to doing it. Unfortunately, JDB's "fix" would be punitive. Someone like billstein could have a legitimate reason for wanting to rotate QBs. Even in the NFL, we've seen teams develop specialty packages for a developing rookie, or someone with specific traits (like Tebow in Wildcat, or Michael Bishop on hail mary throws). As it is in beta, a QB coming off the bench will have a penalty for being "cold." I would prefer simply eliminating QB arm fatigue.

By billstein
5/04/2018 10:44 pm
Good idea, or maybe something could be done in the opposite direction, as in, have a QB get slightly better as he "get's into the flow of a game". If he get's taken out, he goes back to being "cold".
If that's done though, maybe there could be a rule for when to bench the starter when he's having a bad game, such as TD/INT ratio, or QB rating at certain points in the game. Maybe even tie it into the Head Coach or OC's ratings with a rating for "pull QB" or something.
Just thinking out loud, (so to speak/type).