League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2020 Playoffs

By CrazyRazor
5/07/2018 8:30 pm
eyeballll wrote:
......and I've earned the right to lose to CraRa!

This is not a right......This is a privilege. ;P I'm kidding!!!

Nothing is written in the sand, yet. A puncher always has a chance. Good luck, bud!!

By GrandadB - League Admin
5/07/2018 8:39 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
GrandadB wrote:
QB rotation or substitution does not need to be justified.

That's something people say when they can't justify something. Exploiting an AI problem gives you an advantage, whether your backup performs well or not, and is in no way comparable to team owners crafting a gameplan.

I'm not advocating for things to resemble real life, but there are actual examples of owners taking on duties of a head coach (Paul Brown and Al Davis come to mind). That's a deflection of the problem, which is you are exploiting bad AI rather than, as you have praised in other threads, winning through superior strategy and the talent you can assemble.

The explosion of private leagues happened largely because people got tired of bad trades creating problematic imbalances in talent. Most players see that as a problem, and yet, as you say, everyone is playing by the same rules. Anyone who intentionally takes advantage of the QB rotation to gain an advantage deserves the same respect as someone who routinely fleeces nubes for all their first-round picks.

You can complain about "exploits" all you want, rotating ones QBs is not anywhere near the same as taking advantage of weaker or new players by abusive trading, or using additional accounts to effect trades. Why? because its not an automatic advantage, each case is seperate and produces different results, and because everyone has the same choice of subbing for the QB based on results, how the game plays, strategy & tactics, game knowledge, regardless of the AI code. I go by the player ratings and stats produced when making decisions about who plays and when, I go by play results to decide what plays to have active, and what rules to utilize. As Ive posted previously regarding what would be considered game "exploits" or game play that does not simulate RL NFL, such as over-blitzing, play overuse, 90%+ passing, not using a full 40 offense & 30 defensive plays, players being converted in position "unrealistically", whatever your complaint(s) are, if there is enough discontent registered, JDB has shown that he will change the game when appropriate and when a complaint has merit or a lot of support. Overall, its still a game, not RL, and is a game that is developing, I dont mind any change that improves the game along with making the playing field more level, where everyone has the same choices available. There will be diverse levels of game knowledge and experience, as is the case in any game. You play chess or checkers with someone who plays on a regular basis, you will be at a distinct disadvantage, is that an "exploit"?
Last edited at 5/07/2018 8:56 pm

5/08/2018 3:18 am
kicker10bog wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Because they don't exploit an AI problem.

So, your issue isn't realism than. It's exploiting an AI problem that it takes no special skill to exploit. I see.

its not so much about a skill, as it is about knowledge of the MFN game and whether or not it provides an advantage, and that is equal to all to use as they see fit. Sometimes it provides an advantage, and sometimes it doesnt, and it still comes down to the sim/"rolls" when 2 teams have equal or near rosters and the gameplanning. And I can understand why some do not like subbing in the QB2, its not what they do in the NFL or NCAA, but... I also think that they should get more playing time for their QB2 when they can, it makes sense to have your QB2 better prepared to take over when need be. The effect of fatigue in this game is not what it is in RL, anyone want to debate that? So, I do pay attention to that factor, and play the %'s. In my playoff game vs the Cobras, my QB2 was in for 3 attempts, vs my starter who had 44 attempts. If I had known how much better my QB2 was going to do, I would have changed the fatigue setting and upped his reps. If that offends some, well, so be it, I dont consider it abusing an AI problem, its just a game parameter, and if you dont like the game, go find a better one if u can. Or, set up a league with all your preferences, and see how that goes.
Last edited at 5/08/2018 3:45 am

5/08/2018 1:37 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
eyeballll wrote:
......and I've earned the right to lose to CraRa!

This is not a right......This is a privilege. ;P I'm kidding!!!

Nothing is written in the sand, yet. A puncher always has a chance. Good luck, bud!!

You never count eyeball out, he has pulled off some great playoff upsets. CR's Witches have had one of the strongest seasons that I have seen, but a bad sim combined with a good opposing gameplan can end it. Good luck to both, may the sim be with you!

By eyeballll
5/08/2018 9:16 pm
WOW, was that a GAME, CraRa!! At the end of the day, I think the better team won, but it sure was close... And to know I threw an interception TWICE while in field goal range to tie the game is a little devastating, but I know I gave you a run for your money... I thought it was a tight, well played game by both teams, with tough defense and pretty decent offense... Good luck in the final, I know you're sitting at 18-0 but Grandad has won too many championships to bet against him... it'll be a barnburner!

5/09/2018 3:50 am
GG Ray/Geechee, was fortunate that the offense was able to match up and keep pace in the first quarter. The Dragons got even for that disastrous opening game of the season. Will be interesting to see if we can hang with the Witches in the finale, as predicted, eyeball/Event gave them a good run for the money. Based on the season that we had, I really did not think we had much of a chance to make the LC game, but, the sims have been with us so far. cheers

By CrazyRazor
5/09/2018 4:33 am
eyeballll wrote:
WOW, was that a GAME, CraRa!! At the end of the day, I think the better team won, but it sure was close... And to know I threw an interception TWICE while in field goal range to tie the game is a little devastating, but I know I gave you a run for your money... I thought it was a tight, well played game by both teams, with tough defense and pretty decent offense... Good luck in the final, I know you're sitting at 18-0 but Grandad has won too many championships to bet against him... it'll be a barnburner!

INCREDIBLE!! You made Salem look pedestrian that whole game! I was wondering how badly I was going to get beat! Those 2 INT's inside FG range definitely changed the outcome of the game!

Maine had one helluva season and **** near extended it to a return to the League Championship! I just hope I can pull one more rabbit out of my hat and get this last win against Glendora. It should be a good one!
Last edited at 5/09/2018 4:34 am

By CrazyRazor
5/10/2018 9:08 pm
GG GrandadB. I can't help but think, if you hadn't went for it on 4th down the first time in the 4th quarter, that you might have pulled off the win. Both teams had turnover problems. It seems I did indeed pull one more rabbit out of that hat. Heh

By Dash
5/10/2018 9:14 pm
Great game guys!..rematch for the ages..CR getting the upper hand this time around! Great season Aaron, you earned it bud.

Tough one grandadB. i don't see that team declining anytime soon with your recent draft moves!
we all know you will be right back in the race next year.

Great season to all..Let's Go! On to 2021.

5/10/2018 10:28 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
GG GrandadB. I can't help but think, if you hadn't went for it on 4th down the first time in the 4th quarter, that you might have pulled off the win. Both teams had turnover problems. It seems I did indeed pull one more rabbit out of that hat. Heh

Greene was def the superior QB in the game, he made several 3rd & long conversions, your blitz pressure was a strong factor. And I was as surprised as you were when we went for it on that 4th down instead of the FG attempt, prob a rule that backfired in that one. But a great game, made it interesting at the end but would have been worse if we got the onside kick with no time left and no TO's. Holding penalties in 2nd half really hurt. Cant complain much, when you hit the 9 point lead and got the ball back 2 or 3 times after we went 3 and out I figured it would be over if you got a TD, but the defense kept us in it at that point. Congrats Crazy! You had the best regular season in the EFL by far and deserved to get it.
Last edited at 5/11/2018 12:25 am