League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2020 Playoffs

By kicker10bog
5/04/2018 11:29 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
I would prefer simply eliminating QB arm fatigue.

That's probably what I'd do as well. That or make it only start affecting play around 80%

Yeah billstein, the current fix in beta (as I understand it) has the starter begin the game warmed up but any other QBs come in and cold. Then when a QB leaves the game (including the starter), he begins to cool down at some rate.

I actually only started using the exploit because, like billstein, I had a team with 3 bad QBs in NCAA. I think my team ended that season with around 70% completed passes. lol. No way that should have happened when rotating 3 bad QBs every single game.

By raymattison21
5/06/2018 3:49 pm
billstein wrote:
Good idea, or maybe something could be done in the opposite direction, as in, have a QB get slightly better as he "get's into the flow of a game". If he get's taken out, he goes back to being "cold".
If that's done though, maybe there could be a rule for when to bench the starter when he's having a bad game, such as TD/INT ratio, or QB rating at certain points in the game. Maybe even tie it into the Head Coach or OC's ratings with a rating for "pull QB" or something.
Just thinking out loud, (so to speak/type).

When ideas were thrown around in beta no one really wanted this solution but it works to the count of about 10 snaps being the penalty . Still, I mentioned something similar as your suggestion and I believe it is about how long a fix takes . ....

But on the bright side in those same discussions ideas of chemistry were talked about....and he does have that on the road map. I always thought palyer to palyer chemistry would be,better as a solution to rotating qbs.

Guys get used to each other and once that cohesion is disrupted , or rotated, snaps would be fumbled , route become digs for the wr and ins for the qb , linemen miss blitz reads /calls, lbs and safties missing coverage assignments and among other things that really require practicing together and getting used knowing what the other guy will do....I just think qb is very touchy when it come to chemistry and is the main reason nfl guys just don't rotate like here.

I just think jdb want this chemistry to go across the positional board. Player to player .

Cause the current implementation in beta is a hack. There also was a passing penalty to prevent guys from throwing all game ....I think 40 attempts . ...that has been taken out or upped to 60.

Imo the guys get crappy because fatigue is tied to weight and the more a guy runs the more tired he gets....so if you blitz all game and got the qb running for his life alot the result is a qb who is having even more trouble creating the space he need to throw accurately cause his pressure circle is always being disturbed.

Under old versions a fast qb would tear it up... no matter the accuracy ......now they do considerably better , being mobile and facing pressure , but you need decent accuracy . .....the current beta test have shortened that gap even futher....still I used an ex qb converted to a 198 pound wr by accident one game and he threw for 11 touchdowns and 1000 yards. He was sub 70 in every passing rating but was 90 spd, accl, 100 carry .

So , imo it still there to be expoited but lowered as I rotated two qbs with plenty of success in beta... they just took there lumps before warming up

By kicker10bog
5/06/2018 8:41 pm
gg eyeball

The difference this game was sacks, and my oline played way below the level they played at all regular season. I shouldn't have lowered the running game in my gameplan either.

By mwd65
5/06/2018 8:52 pm
Nice job, GrandadB!

Way to hang in there during the 1st quarter. Cobras had everything going for them and could have scored 21 points, but your defense was stellar! I knew when we only mustered up 8 points in the 1st quarter, we were in trouble.

I'm a little stunned that we couldn't overcome your 7 turnovers to our 0. Our 7 penalties were all killers.

Good luck in the Conference Championship!

By GrandadB - League Admin
5/07/2018 2:02 am
Or, you can play the game the way it is, and if bringing in the QB2 to offset fatigue, so be it.

By billstein
5/07/2018 2:19 am
Good game CrazyRazor/Salem... I knew it was gonna be a long day after your 1st play from scrimmage.
Good luck the rest of the way.
Got to go lick my wounds now, and try to figure out the next steps for this team.

By GrandadB - League Admin
5/07/2018 3:01 am
mwd65 wrote:
Nice job, GrandadB!

Way to hang in there during the 1st quarter. Cobras had everything going for them and could have scored 21 points, but your defense was stellar! I knew when we only mustered up 8 points in the 1st quarter, we were in trouble.

I'm a little stunned that we couldn't overcome your 7 turnovers to our 0. Our 7 penalties were all killers.

Good luck in the Conference Championship!

Im stunned also mwd, 5 interceptions thrown and that is usually a recipe for a loss, but the defense saved the day. And the 4th qtr was ours. Will see if we can get to the LC, been a very strange season for the Dragons.

By Infinity on Trial
5/07/2018 8:36 am
GrandadB wrote:
Or, you can play the game the way it is, and if bringing in the QB2 to offset fatigue, so be it.

I wonder why I bother playing a game when this is "the way it is." I'll be happy when you have to find another way.

By kicker10bog
5/07/2018 8:49 am
Infinity on Trial wrote:
GrandadB wrote:

I wonder why I bother playing a game when this is "the way it is." I'll be happy when you have to find another way.

Because you can only play it is "the way it is," right? There is no other way to play it. You can enjoy it the way it is and still suggest improvements. I will be glad when I can use my top QB all game without such a big falloff in play.

By Infinity on Trial
5/07/2018 8:54 am
kicker10bog wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:
GrandadB wrote:

Because you can only play it is "the way it is," right? There is no other way to play it. You can enjoy it the way it is and still suggest improvements. I will be glad when I can use my top QB all game without such a big falloff in play.

Literally, if there were any other alternative ... in the meantime, keep telling yourselves whatever you need to justify the QB rotation. A reckoning is coming, just not in time for next season.