League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: New Season

By GrandadB - League Admin
4/17/2024 1:20 pm
Congrats LB, we gave you a good shot in the PO's, hopefully the league will last for another season.b

By Vikings_Fan
4/22/2024 4:54 am
Vikings_Fan wrote:
This solid league, which had no owner vacancies at the end of last season, now has 10 unowned teams. This is similar to what many leagues are experiencing with the surprise announcement of the subscription model back on 02/12/2024.

To help attract new team owners to vacant teams that are competitive, the other league that I am in immediately cleared the Dead Cap on the unowned teams, as early in the season as possible, and on a continuing basis throughout the season. This gives the Artificial Intelligence for unowned teams maximum dollars to re-sign as many of their good players as possible so they don't end up in Free Agency, further destroying the roster quality of the unowned team. Sounds like a very necessary thing to do if we are to attract new team owners to competitive teams and save as many leagues as possible.

Just my $.02 worth.

GrandadB -

When you reset the Dead Cap for all of the unowned teams last season, it was very effective in keeping those teams as competitive as possible as they were able to re-sign many of their good players to long term contracts.

Fast forward to the current season (now in between Week #1 and Week #2 of early Free Agency). Because the artificial intelligence continues to mismanage the unowned teams, many of them are now in a "negative Dead Cap" situation. This means that those teams will need to dump numerous players between now and when the regular season begins to get under the Salary Cap. This would flood the market with players that those teams should otherwise keep. To keep this disaster from happening, now would be the optimum time to reset the Dead Cap for all of the unowned teams to keep them as competitive as possible.

As before with the previous quoted post, just my $.02 worth.

By GrandadB - League Admin
4/22/2024 7:41 am
Solid suggestion Vfan and has been done. We now have 13 unowned teams, we are near the freeze line. Hopefully we will get a few new owners, I dont see the league being full again until there's a major change in the game programming and/or subscription plan. Will hang in there for now.

By Vikings_Fan
5/03/2024 3:28 am
GG Marauders.

Game #1 (2053 season)

Offense = 30 / 40 (2 x 6)

Defense = 23 / 30 (1 x 6)

By Phaldun
5/04/2024 12:43 pm
That was a good game Ioan Blood, and suprising we were able to do so well in your house.

Offense: 30/40
Defense: 18/30