League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: HEADLINE SPORTS

By RedNU
2/04/2021 2:45 am
I have been in the classroom/student meetings for like 15 hours today and have to coach in 24 more hours, so forgive me but I am not going to even try to work out the permutations of what happens based on who wins against whom in the Stripes Conference, but good luck to all 4 of the teams with a shot still at the final wildcard spot...there are some television executives that are extremely happy that so many games have relevance in the final week of the season.

Best of luck also to Toronto and Rochester as they fight over the final playoff spot in the Stars Conference.

By RedNU
2/09/2021 6:24 pm
Okay, sorry that my r/l coaching duties have reared up here and reduced me to silence as we hit the playoffs gents, but life is life sometimes.

That said, here with an inside rumor that Gothenburg might have cut a sweetheart deal to relocate in the off-season...sources off-the-record indicate new management and London city officials have had "multiple" discussions about bringing the team to town and are potentially nearing a stadium agreement.

By RedNU
3/10/2021 2:22 am
OPENING WEEKEND sees 10 of 16 games decided by 1 TD or less, including 2 overtime games. If this is an indication of the parity in the league this season, things could get crazy!

ETA: I see Harry Knopp is sitting on the waiver wire...are we seeing the end for a true EFL cult legend?
Last edited at 3/10/2021 2:26 am

By RedNU
3/12/2021 3:05 am
That's Week 2 football fanatics. Several shutouts and single-score defensive performances around the league this week, plus 4 more games decided by one TD or less. I'm sure there are plenty of actual noteworthy, exciting plays out there (and feel free to post them if there are), but I have to share this gem from the Wallabies-Bandits tilt in Perth tonight...

https://theefl.myfootballnow.com/watch/6040#1078876

That's THREE...uno, dos, tres pass interference penalties thrown on the same snap of the football. Every player at linebacker decided to hold on for dear life apparently on the play (at least I hope the DE whose penalty was accepted was in at LB on the play since was the furthest downfield to get flagged...)
Last edited at 3/12/2021 3:07 am

By RedNU
3/15/2021 2:06 am
Put Week 3 in the books and parity continues to appear to be the name of the game as 8 more contests were decided by 7 points or less (and another by 8 points). We are already down to our last three undefeated teams in the league for 2036, so the window of opportunity for someone to run the EFL gauntlet unblemished is quickly closing down.

So start placing your bets...will the Witches, the Assassins or the Cobras survive the longest before someone claims the 0? Or will one of them survive to the end?

By Phaldun
3/15/2021 11:26 am
I think the Witches will last the longest. You see the problem is that some of those witches are flaming hot and easily seduce and coax their male victims into the forest....where they chop their ***** off and replace their members........with a raven?

By RedNU
3/17/2021 3:45 am
Four games down...a quarter of the season is past. Rancho Cucamonga drops from the unbeaten ranks, leaving just two teams. On the other side of the coin, only the Americans and the Thunder are still searching for a W this season. Very balanced year it appears within the EFL ranks...should make the race for the post-season fun if this keeps up!

By RedNU
3/19/2021 4:12 am
Salem Witches are the knockout champs this year as the last undefeated standing.

Now everyone will be trying to knock them out, just like mama said to.

By RedNU
3/22/2021 1:58 am
Week 6 down...Salem stays unbeaten. Rochester joins the land of the winning, leaving only the Thunder in search of a victory. Six single-score games including 2 overtime contests. Just another week here in the EFL.

By Phaldun
3/23/2021 2:49 pm
RedNU wrote:
Salem Witches are the knockout champs this year as the last undefeated standing.

Now everyone will be trying to knock them out, just like mama said to.

Burn them thar Witches!
*Waving torch in one hand and pitchfork in the other*
Last edited at 3/23/2021 2:50 pm