The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

2018 Season

By kicker10bog
11/16/2017 1:56 pm
S02E01 of the EFL is tonight!

Just over 6 hours remaining to get your teams read for week 1 at the time of this post.

Re: 2018 Season

By raidergreg69
11/16/2017 6:55 pm
Still kind of feels like preseason. First league I've had with just 2 preseason games, not sure I like it. Maybe I would like it more had I known before the 1st game, but that's my fault for assuming things. I like the lack of injured players but not managing this team last season, I feel like I still don't know my own team.

No excuses though, the Crusaders will be ready to roll in an hour when kickoff comes around. Good luck to all!

By raidergreg69
11/16/2017 9:45 pm
Good game Grandad, Crusaders are fortunate to come out of this with the W. If Jim Rockford doesn't outrun everyone to make this tackle, it would have been quite a different ending. https://theefl.myfootballnow.com/watch/374#66483

As usual with Grandad coached teams, it was tough to run the ball against them and his offense made some big plays. Luckily he didn't corner the market on big plays as my defense made a few. Two straight Dragon drives ended with strip sacks in their own territory leading to 10 points. Another Dragon drive looked to be heading for a TD, or at least a FG but a fumble at my 4 yd line killed that drive. Of course I gave up a safety on the next play but last I checked 2<3<7 so it could have been worse.

I was very pleased with the contributions from 3 rookies: Jim Rockford, Victor Mackey, and Adrian Monk. I almost started Reed over Berg at RB but didn't. That will change next game. I also gave up way too many sacks and pressures but I'm hoping that's due more to Glendora's defense than my OL, we shall see going forward.

By kicker10bog
11/16/2017 10:40 pm
GG Reno Marauders

That was not the balance in play-calling I expected on my offense....

By Mcarovil
11/16/2017 10:48 pm
Ha ha. I would say good game but 80-7 is anything but good. Worst beat down of my MFL existence. We will mark this day down and in 5 seasons, avenge ourselves talons.

By Otterpop
11/16/2017 11:11 pm
Nice Game Wampas

I was worried about this game. I am sure when we meet again it will be a different story.

By GrandadB - League Admin
11/17/2017 4:39 am
LOL, dont remember ever being screwed so badly by the sim and "rolls", but that is not taking anything away from the Crusaders & raider greg, I knew that it was going to be an even game going in. The Crusaders have one of the top 3 rosters in the league, if not the best, and RG knows what he's doin. That's the way it should be in most games, definitely more entertaining, I was down 20 zip at the half! havnt had that happen since I can remember. We got the 40 yd FG to make it 20-3, but there was a holding penalty called, and then no re-kick for a 50 yard try!!!! Havnt had that happen before, I was like "*** happened!", lol. We had 7 penalties for 75 yards, usually taking away a first down. Was real happy with my defense keepin us in it the second half and getting the chance to win instead of blown out. Offense could not put it in the endzone when we needed it at the end. I think that one set a record for me as far as the offense yards and not winning. 533 to 265! Would have been something to get the TD on last play, then try for the 2. Going to be a fun season, lots of good competition and games. cheers, gdb
Last edited at 11/17/2017 4:48 am

11/17/2017 4:51 am
Mcarovil wrote:
Ha ha. I would say good game but 80-7 is anything but good. Worst beat down of my MFL existence. We will mark this day down and in 5 seasons, avenge ourselves talons.

Quite an opening "statement" by the Talons, they are looking pretty dominant with straw's passing attack. When you play them, you better key all pass on defense, and even then you will have a very tough time stopping that offense. You dont have much choice other than to use your best Nickel and Dime pass defense plays.

To be fair, Mac did not have the chance to do any significant roster modifications/changes, they were really weak in several positions on defense that can be upgraded now, and they had the unfortunate luck to have to defend against the best offense in the league in the first game, will be interesting to see how it goes for the Burn, you can bet Mac isnt going to let them slide for long. And it doesnt get any easier for the Burn next game, they get the Crusaders who just beat last seasons LC Dragons in the opener. The Cobras get to try and defend against the Talons passing game next, the Talons are a 4 pt fav, think I would give the points on that one, lol. cheers all, gdb
Last edited at 11/17/2017 5:22 pm

By raidergreg69
11/17/2017 5:40 am
GrandadB wrote:
I was down 20 zip at the half! havnt had that happen since I can remember. We got the 40 yd FG to make it 20-3, but there was a holding penalty called, and then no re-kick for a 50 yard try!!!! Havnt had that happen before, I was like "*** happened!", lol.

The no re-kick surprised me at first, but the first half clock was at 0:00, and untimed downs only occur with defensive penalties.

11/17/2017 5:02 pm
The All Rookie Defensive team for the 2017 season has been posted, if there were any left off or should have been considered, post it on the All Rookie Team thread.

Congrats to the opening winners! What a difference compared to last season, thanks again to those who both stayed in the league despite all the problems last season and especially to all those who joined in the last month to give us a full slate of active owners. Should be an interesting Transaction period at the sim tonite, good luck to all.

As to the two ideas we have been looking at.... 1. doesnt look like there will be a majority for speeding up the sim to do both the mid-week and game in 24 hours, or 12 hours each. If and when we do have a majority of owners give it a thumbs up, we can give it a try and see how it goes. 2. The idea of having the LC, CC, and conf playoff teams having to cut one or two top rated players has not had a lot of discussion, Ive had more negative input about it than positive. Those of you who are in the NCAA league have been doing the mandatory retire/cut after a players 10 seasons with a team. There are definitely two strong opinion sides, one for doing something different from other leagues and providing a "lift" to losing teams to help them catch up to the top teams roster-wise, and 2. not doing so, that an owner should not get an advantage for losing other than draft position. So, unless there is more input on that, will put it on the shelf for this season. At this point, we are running like a regular private league with no extra rules or regulations, and will continue to do so unless there is strong support for any changes. cheers! gdb