The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2018 Season

By GrandadB - League Admin
11/28/2017 10:47 pm
GG game BabyH/Bandits, 8 picks are awful hard to overcome, but we still had chance to tie on the last drive & ran out of clock. Think that was the most interceptions, 12 total, that I have seen in a game, you have a real good pass rush combined with a good secondary. cheers!
Last edited at 11/29/2017 11:18 am

By trslick
11/29/2017 9:50 am
GG Phantoms

By Pernbronze
11/29/2017 6:01 pm
Wow Talons. I think that was the biggest loss of my mfn career

By straw18
11/29/2017 6:41 pm
red rocks....pernbronze....
....the league is only in second year...
...so the scores are sometimes lopsided...
...your team is pretty good...

...our guys are playing all out for 60 min
cause we don't know who are dependable
players are...yet

11/29/2017 7:08 pm
Unfortunately, straw's all-pass offense has shown that it is almost impossible to stop in MFN especially when it has a good set of high-rated receivers, qb, and OL. All you need to do is look at his other teams that are using the same offensive approach, it is very successful. Your best bet is to try and out-score it by also going to an all pass offense with minimal if any running, and blitz every play with pass key. It is a direct result of JDB's last game revision, which reduced DB catch allowed by 10% average and increased pass protection. It wont be long before we will see other teams doing the same, it is obviously the best way to go on offense if you dont mind not running the ball. You also put WRs at RB to increase speed and receiving, as you dont need RBs, only a pass blocking FB now and then. There are still a lot of issues in the game when trying to simulate real pro football, like the kick return vs the punt returns, missed XP's vs FG %'s, and this is another one.
Last edited at 11/29/2017 7:11 pm

By straw18
11/29/2017 9:23 pm
that's funny....GrandadB...you have
won more championships that anyone
I've played against...you are a winning
machine !

...let me ask you this...
1/ do you often play 3 QB's in a game
2/ do you sometimes call the same defensive
play over 75% of the game (depending on rules)
....where do you think i learnt how to play this way...

you are my teacher...I am your Frankenstein student...

11/30/2017 1:14 pm
LOL, I didnt mean to imply that your style of play was wrong or unfair, straw. Far from it. What I was trying to state is that it is very effective and has the results to back it up, and that you have developed the passing game to a higher level. Yep, I have used 3 QBs, but am now usually going with 2. Defensively, yes, I have over-used defensive plays. When that happened, it wasnt much if any of an advantage, in fact, now it's mostly a dis-advantage. I just had it happen to me again in the 35 LC, where two Nickel def plays were called 22 times each, which contributed to the loss. It is mostly due to the auto-call of the Nickel defense formation vs 3 WR formations, which are usually the most used formations on offense. That combined with a conflict between a rule and the general defensive scheme results in a severe defensive play over-use. There's only two ways Ive found to overcome it, select more Nickel defensive plays and set the secondary & LB sliders to all even, or use a rule that spreads the selection between Nickel, Dime, Quarter, and Normal defensive formations vs the 3 WR sets.

By straw18
11/30/2017 3:00 pm
GrandadB... i am not being critical of you
at all....seriously...you know that you are
so good that some people will not play
in a league if you are in it...i consider it an honor
to play against you ...
...to have you say that my game is successful
is a high compliment....but it is nowhere near
as good as your outstanding record...
....you are the one that we have to beat !

11/30/2017 3:38 pm
OK, thanks straw, no worries, you are right at the top level now also, and am happy you are. Its better to have more owners capable of competing for LC's. I was just trying to throw my 2 bucks in for those poor unfortunate souls that are getting raped by that killer pass offense you have developed, lol. To defend against it takes a different approach from any of the other teams in the league, and even then it may not work! I only stated that it was unfortunate that the latest game version has gone unbalanced to increase the pass game advantage even more so than before. I'd love to see coverage defenses improve, and zones be effective, but have not seen that yet, if it ever happens. You have done an outstanding job of taking advantage of it, and there is nothing wrong at all in doing so. cudos! :)
Last edited at 11/30/2017 3:40 pm

By mwd65
11/30/2017 5:10 pm
Awesome game, raidergreg!

Told you the 2nd game would be a battle. One of the best defensive gems I've seen.

We may be tripping over each other when the next good kicker becomes available!

Good luck the rest of the season!