League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2019 Season Game Thread

By Mcarovil
2/25/2018 6:52 pm
Burn and Misfits coming down to the final game for that last playoff spot. Both are heavy favorites this week, but I got a feeling it’s gonna be contested. Burn has the tie breaker but a lose and a misfit win and we are out.

By raidergreg69
2/25/2018 6:57 pm
California @ Coos Bay for the right to travel to Canton or Charleston for the Wild Card Game

I played my way into this mess by losing 5 of my last 7 but now I can play my way out.

By Dash
2/25/2018 8:44 pm
GG Mt.Washington!

Held you to 130 yds total offense..but i thew 3 int's that kept you in the game to the end. Great season all.

Good luck to all that made the postseason!

By kicker10bog
2/25/2018 9:04 pm
GG CrazyRazor!

After two close losses with some key starters out, we should be pretty healthy for the playoffs. Think one of my LBs may be out and I have to make a decision about my RB1, but most others look good.

By raidergreg69
2/25/2018 9:59 pm
GG Coos Bay, good luck in the playoffs.

By jlyman
2/25/2018 10:01 pm
Good game, Rochester! I knew this rematch would be a tough one. My team made too many mistakes and didn't have the fight in them to comeback. Good luck next season!

By CrazyRazor
2/25/2018 10:40 pm
kicker10bog wrote:
GG CrazyRazor!

After two close losses with some key starters out, we should be pretty healthy for the playoffs. Think one of my LBs may be out and I have to make a decision about my RB1, but most others look good.

Really close game! had me worried there. :)

By GrandadB - League Admin
2/25/2018 11:39 pm
kicker10bog wrote:

Maybe Gonzalez is just getting tired or something. lol.

That is correct k10, your starter is fatigued, what do you set your fatigue at? I know most everyone would prefer to run one QB all game, like in RL, but.... the fatigue on a QB in RL and the fatigue on a QB in MFN are not the same, not even close. That is why there is a lot of frustration with the lack of consistency with the QB position, whether you have a 90+ rated QB or a 60 rated QB. Until JDB gets it right with the code & algorithms to better simulate RL NFL football, you gotta play with what is there, if you want to win.

Fatigue isnt the only factor that significantly affects QB performance, pass rush pressure, secondary coverage, and play calls all have a part in it. If you take the time to read posts on the subject in both the gen forum and MFN 1 Beta Chat, you will gain a lot more knowledge and understanding about how QBs along with all the other positions work along with what plays are advantages & disadvantages. By doing so, you can accelerate the process of becoming a GM that can manage a team to the LC and have a high winning %. cheers, gdb
Last edited at 2/25/2018 11:39 pm

By GrandadB - League Admin
2/26/2018 1:12 am
Yeow! that was a close shave, great game Hefty Buffs/texmex, you closed out the season on a high note and things are looking pretty good for the Buffs next season if you can add a couple of key impact players from FA & the draft. cheers! gdb

By zteacher
2/26/2018 8:35 am
First off, congratulations to all those who made the playoffs and best of luck to you in your quest to win it all. Second, I want to acknowledge that I got a little frustrated in the 2nd half of the season and did a little bit of unorthodox game planning for games where the line more than -10 to my opponent. That said, I almost got RCC/mwd in the season finale with it.

On to next year and the promise it brings for me and all us other non playoff makin' mofos.