League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Welcome to all the new owners, EFL update, and new plan

By Kenchi
11/02/2017 5:21 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
I don’t even know what you all are talking about anymore.

I'm with you there, Brother.........lost!

By raymattison21
11/02/2017 8:23 pm
GrandadB wrote:
I agree Ray, it should be tougher to hold on to top players relative to salary, but... this is MFN, not the NFL. Your better players will cost you more, not as much as they do in the NFL, but I have let players go due to salary demand, not always, but now and then.

There are quite a few distinct differences between MFN and the NFL, we have kickers who have a lower % on XP's than 50 yard attempts, we dont have screen passes or reverse plays, we have ridiculous passes into the blocking pile where the back catches it for a 5 yard loss or more, zone coverage doesnt work as good as M2M coverages, you have to blitz most of the time to be competitive, runs to the weakside produce better avg than strongside, Ive never lost a starting QB to the IR like Rodgers & Luck this season, and on and on.

So, we have what we have in MFN, and its the best we have found online so far. How do you best foster competitive balance and prevent 3 peats or worse? 1. You can pass on your knowledge and experience on play selection, gameplanning, scouting play selection, misc, overides, and rules, especially if you have an extensive record of winning and LCs under your belt. 2. You can improve rosters of sub 500 teams and reducing the roster strength of winning teams. It may not involve a team having to cut players, it could be based more on draft choices and restrictions on the early FA period. Now is the time for any ideas on this, greatly appreciate the ideas posted so far.

Wait till you see the new passing code he put in yesterday . Baby steps but I think he will get there . ....the only constant in the universe is change .

By Pacman327
11/07/2017 10:27 pm
Hi all, new here and new to the game. I've played online baseball sims before so I understand the idea of the game but as with everyone online sim there are a million nuances and quirks. PM me or please reply if you are willing to give me some help.

thanks!
Max

By Mcarovil
11/08/2017 10:37 pm
Whatever you need just ask. Willing to share all the secrets of an awesome team.....