League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Welcome to all the new owners, EFL update, and new plan

By Kenchi
10/26/2017 1:15 pm
Also, how is this......... release players from a Playoff teams rosters, so they can be put-up-for-bid to another team. Won't the team that releases the player(s) be hit with "salary cap penalties" for what ever contract the player(s) has signed at that time.
If that's the case, the teams that win Championships or even Division Champs, will be punished by, not only losing the players, but also take a likely costily Cap hit.........so the only way for this is to keep the damage done lesss (by the releasing team) is to sign any players that should be considered a candate for release, they should all be re-signed to 2 yr. contracts every other season. Minimizes Cap Hit..........better to pay less millions for a 2 yrs. contract than a binding 4, 5, or six year player ( this could be devestating to the Champs, in my opinion). All because they WON! OR The team that is "acquiring" the player(s) must have adequate "Cap Space" to take over the players entire remaining contract obligations. If they just bid on these players and get them cheaper, they (the bidders) should have the means to re-sign that player, he would belong to them now.

Last edited at 10/26/2017 1:18 pm

By Dash
10/26/2017 3:32 pm
Kenchi wrote:
Also, how is this......... release players from a Playoff teams rosters, so they can be put-up-for-bid to another team. Won't the team that releases the player(s) be hit with "salary cap penalties" for what ever contract the player(s) has signed at that time.
If that's the case, the teams that win Championships or even Division Champs, will be punished by, not only losing the players, but also take a likely costily Cap hit.........so the only way for this is to keep the damage done lesss (by the releasing team) is to sign any players that should be considered a candate for release, they should all be re-signed to 2 yr. contracts every other season. Minimizes Cap Hit..........better to pay less millions for a 2 yrs. contract than a binding 4, 5, or six year player ( this could be devestating to the Champs, in my opinion). All because they WON! OR The team that is "acquiring" the player(s) must have adequate "Cap Space" to take over the players entire remaining contract obligations. If they just bid on these players and get them cheaper, they (the bidders) should have the means to re-sign that player, he would belong to them now.

It really seems like you're not for this system you're nipping every little bit of it it's the unique Twist of the league cut a player sign them too low contracts.. if don't have the salary cap you don't bid on them simple as that bid on other people. I'm not really sure what the idea of the whole system is but it seems to make sure once you reach the top you get knocked down a peg to let other teams catchup

By Mcarovil
10/26/2017 9:20 pm
I dont know why Arkansas cut QB Mitchell. That guy is a future star.

Im up for cutting 1 player. That way those opposed won't get hit with serious dead cap and it still puts 8-10 quality players into the FA pool. You could even require a higher rated cut, the further you advance in the playoffs.
Last edited at 10/26/2017 9:22 pm

By wolfie
10/27/2017 7:20 am
cause i had 4 QB and the other 3 (in my opinion) are better than the 1 i cut , ill be cutting another in the future , just havent decided which one yet

By Mcarovil
10/27/2017 7:44 am
I’ll trade you for him before you cut him If you want.

By wolfie
10/27/2017 7:45 am
soon as i can put one on the trade block , ill do it

By Dash
10/27/2017 7:55 am
Free agency starts in 12 hours..hope to have a plan in place and a direction we are going..so the teams can figure out who they are cutting. Being a bottom 5 team interested to see what is going to be available.

By btglaw
10/28/2017 9:29 am
For what it's worth, I like the idea of giving up draft picks v. giving up players. It's easier to track, wouldn't decimate the top teams as much like some people have said and would still push things towards more competitive balance.

By raymattison21
10/28/2017 10:28 am
What if play off teams picked up a top fa they had to compensate the bottom dwellers (that lost the player) with a draft pick . Kinda like the NFL's system but only playoff teams are penalized and worse teams do not give up any picks. Like 90s are worthy of a late first or early second and 80 s like a second or third. Salaries should get stricter, but I am not sure if they will be there next season for any of this to have a real effect.

By straw18
10/28/2017 12:37 pm
1/ most of the options require extensive manual
tracking...

2/ cut players ?....nobody wants to give up any of
their favorite "children"...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my suggestion is ... reduce the roster size to 49 from 53
for teams who made the playoffs the previous year
...this would create some hardship for these teams....
without impacting draft picks or being forced to
subsidize lower ranked teams
...please tell me why this is a bad idea ?