League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Suggestions/Ideas for League rules and regs

By GrandadB - League Admin
10/24/2017 4:55 pm
This thread is for any ideas, suggestions, comments, etc. regarding new league rules and regulations.

For example, one idea that would help level the playing field somewhat, is to have one or two top rated players be cut (promoted?) from the LC, CC, and division winners with more than 11 wins. What do you guys think about that idea? Those players could be bid on during the FA period or taken out of the active players list (dont know how to do that, if it can be done). What we dont want is any unfair advantage one way or the other. I think the best way to go on this would be to eliminate the "promoted" player from league use, where they could not be acquired by FA bid.

Re: Suggestions/Ideas for League rules and regs

By Dash
10/24/2017 5:43 pm
That Is a unique twist very cool and help teams stay competitive. I am OK with two preseason games (although I do like rays idea of four games and no midweek) three days of free agency and two days of late free agency. I take it the said release players would be available to anyone that are not the division champs ,conference champions or Super Bowl champs ?..or would it be first come first serve?

Thanks for letting me take a team Gdb.

10/24/2017 5:52 pm
That is something to think about, should designated cut players (due to "promotion") be available as FA's? I can foresee a couple of problems with the whole thing. One problem is that what would happen if an owner either forgot or did not cut the designated players? And then, should the cut players be available to other teams? I dont think they can be kept out of the FA pool or eliminated from the league, to ensure that they would not be picked up by another team. If a team picked one of those players up by mistake, then how would that be handled? I guess the owner could be sent a PM requesting the player be cut by next sim, and if there is no compliance, the owner could be banned, but I dont think that is a good way to go and it adds to the job of administering the league.
Last edited at 10/24/2017 5:54 pm

By Mcarovil
10/24/2017 9:01 pm
If you had to cut players I would rather give the team an option, like 2 of your top 5 have to be cut, or put it as 2 of your 85 and over, excluding kickers. At least give the team some say in who they have to give up. Just a thought if there must be cuts.

By Dash
10/25/2017 10:42 am
And I suggest changing the whole slow pace format this league needs to go full speed to keep interest

By Pernbronze
10/26/2017 1:51 am
I would say the 2 superbowl teams have to cut 2 80+ players and playoff teams that didn't make the superbowl have to cut 1 80+ player by default weights, their choice but cannot be kickers/punters. Then anyone can sign them. It should balance out the league just having the players in the market, and would be extremely difficult to keep them from being accidentally signed by the wrong teams, or by some plans any teams, unless jbd can let you remove them from the league, but that can create a severe talent shortage.

By raymattison21
10/26/2017 7:40 am
Not that I would win or go to the superbowl , but no player on my team was an 80 or above. I think the game is in a place where defaults are a waste at certain positions . Dbs are are top commodity and they are really the ones that keep a team in it.

Losing a 99 rated te or lb might not be as bad as a 80 rated db or qb . Right now overloaded teams at wr and db are almost a lock to do well
Last edited at 10/26/2017 7:43 am

By raymattison21
10/26/2017 7:56 am
How about top players/statistical performers garner higher contracts . ......Team are forced to send them to FA. So any one can bid on them. One of my biggest gripes is how a top team can lock down great players for cheap.

Even with the new salaries I don't see this happening in top leagues....for example 75 perhaps....there are system players putting up huge numbers with low contracts . My qb Cochrane is the top rated passer....perhaps another team would pay him more....perhaps not, but I know he will never hit the market, so he will never get what he is worth .

This idea is really left for fast guys....they are the repeated over achievers that really should get paid more at the resign/ restructure . Most nfl contracts are bonus incentives that are tied into statistical achievements / awards....I always wanted something to be tied in to that here...well at least with salary demands .

By Pernbronze
10/26/2017 8:42 am
The problem with that is people cutting the worst high statistic performer even if the player sucks and the team would have upgraded and cut him anyway. Statistics aren't really a good way to judge a player as there is a lot that goes into those stats influenced by the players around them. Just because a player played well in a system doesn't mean another player couldn't easily have done much better. I'd hate to see a 60 overall QB as the cut, no one is going to sign him anyways and odds are they are going to be looking for a better QB anyways and the cut is meaningless.

10/26/2017 10:29 am
Dash wrote:
And I suggest changing the whole slow pace format this league needs to go full speed to keep interest

That is one of the things that Im pretty sure a significant majority would prefer for this league, including myself, I didnt like the slow pace, you tend to forget whats going on or what you were planning to do with a roster or upcoming game. From what I understand, the league reverted to regular schedule after the former admin had not signed on for over 1 month. So, will make sure that we are on standard schedule plus a few other adjustments to speed things up, like shorter FA periods.