The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Playoffs, Stars Conference season

By GrandadB - League Admin
3/04/2018 11:41 am
Infinity on Trial wrote:
I was fortunate to keep it close against eyeballll in the regular season, and glad I didn't have to plan for him in the playoffs.

In other news, I'll take any offer for this sieve: https://theefl.myfootballnow.com/player/2038

Notice that his rookie season was brutal, and that is the case for most rookie OL. More than any other position, the OL rookies get beat the most. Sutton has good strength and speed for OT, but... his blocking, especially pass, is sub 60. His vol is only 10, so not much hope for improving his blocking skills. BUT.... he had an excellent 3rd season as a RT2, not allowing a sack on 559 plays. So, would recommend him to any team looking for a good OT sub replacement if their current one is giving up more than 1 sack per 200 plays.

And, that also shows what the "fatigue factor" can affect ito performance, with a sub at 20 or less fatigue vs a starter at 50+.
Last edited at 3/04/2018 11:43 am

By Infinity on Trial
3/04/2018 11:45 am
About 500 of those snaps were special teams or running plays. When my starting LT went down and he had to start at RT in the playoffs against decent teams, look what happened: 7 sacks allowed vs 88 pass attempts.

Also, because of special teams, his conditioning already was at 100.
Last edited at 3/04/2018 11:47 am

By eyeballll
3/04/2018 5:51 pm
This is an opportunity for redemption for the Event: We went 15-1 this season, but that '1' was a huge, painful '1', a 47-14 pummelling at the hands of CraRa's Witches... If you watch thata game, it's hard to imagine the Event actually winning 15 games in the EFL's 3 seasons, let alone 1 season. It's going to be interesting to see if the game was 'just one of those games', or if the Witches dominant performance was based on them just plain being the better team...

Not a game the Event will take lightly...

By CrazyRazor
3/04/2018 7:54 pm
My two cents on all of it:

I appreciate the write up GrandadB. I've been anticipating this post-season match-up for 3 seasons now. It finally happened!!! I am 1-2 against eyeballll in the regular season, so I keep that win in perspective and truly believe it was an aberration.

In regards to the game against Infinity on Trial's Talons; I feel extremely fortunate to walk away the better team in that one. He beat me in the regular season and straw18 handled me with the same team in the playoffs last season. Not to mention the fact that his team seemed to be the better of the two in this playoff game.

Infinity, your reputation speaks for itself. Perhaps with this team I might come out on top better than 50% of the time, but based on the GM's behind both teams I believe I would give you the edge. It is an honor all in itself that you hold me and my team in the regard that you do. Truthfully, that goes for all of you guys! I hold you all in the same esteem if not more so. My goal has always been to reach the same level of competition that you guys produce on a weekly basis. So THANK YOU for that!! :)
Last edited at 3/04/2018 7:55 pm

By Infinity on Trial
3/04/2018 7:59 pm
Sometimes you get the breaks, sometimes the breaks get you, but the best GM in any game is the one who wins. I'm just happy to go up against good competition, and not worry about someone stacking their team by fleecing bad teams out of their top pick year after year.

By GrandadB - League Admin
3/08/2018 11:10 am
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Sometimes you get the breaks, sometimes the breaks get you, but the best GM in any game is the one who wins. I'm just happy to go up against good competition, and not worry about someone stacking their team by fleecing bad teams out of their top pick year after year.

So very true Infinity, one of the things that makes a semi-private, user-created league much better than the standards/customs. And with the experience level of the GMs that we have, trades are much more even and interesting.