League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2050 Season Thread

By Phaldun
11/24/2023 1:19 pm
Great season Shanman of the Cougars. You know I was worried about that comeback. You started to make a push in the 4th, but we were able to hold you at bay this time. You have some big play receivers in Thompson and Dorey. I like your team and mascot. Besides the mountain lions, I think you should have a large section of fans in your stands full of pretty hot and tempting MILFers' with foamy.......fingers and skimpy clothing.

By GrandadB - League Admin
11/25/2023 5:32 pm
Phaldun wrote:
GrandadB wrote:
GG Check/Assassins, we got the TOs early and there was no catchin up. Congrats on your season and PO contention.

Those diversity rules do not apply in this league I believe. Lets double check with Grandpa, but the diversity rules are for other leagues like the D2 College football league.

There are some in the league who are already applying the "diversity rules", and we will be employing them in earnest next season. For now, you can play "4.6 Optimum", which is a much more boring game to both gameplan and watch IMO. Long pass plays are eliminated from the game, defense and offense use half the plays or less. Just had a great game in the DFL, could have gone either way, 32 offensive plays and 25 defensive plays used by the Vikings. Thats the goal of diversified play selection and use, 30+ offense and 20+ defense out of a fully active 40/30 plays selected. Why do that? Its done if you really like football and prefer more of a simulation versus limiting the game to a data advantage.
Last edited at 11/25/2023 5:36 pm

By Phaldun
11/25/2023 8:17 pm
GrandadB wrote:
Phaldun wrote:
GrandadB wrote:
GG Check/Assassins, we got the TOs early and there was no catchin up. Congrats on your season and PO contention.

Those diversity rules do not apply in this league I believe. Lets double check with Grandpa, but the diversity rules are for other leagues like the D2 College football league.

There are some in the league who are already applying the "diversity rules", and we will be employing them in earnest next season.

Wow, I didnt even know that was going to be for this league too. It doesnt matter to me because I never design a game-plan with any intent on utilizing overuse. I honestly just go week by week basing my strategy off of the other teams numbers. Even when moving the sliders on game plan and personel, there must be a margerine of reasonable balance or the plays called too much wont work anymore. If I broke a rule by using the 4-3 too much, it certainlly wasnt on purpose.

By trslick
11/27/2023 11:13 am
Congrats to Boston!

By Phaldun
11/27/2023 11:54 am
trslick wrote:
Congrats to Boston!

Means a lot coming from an all pro like you Trslick. Thank you.

By Phaldun
11/27/2023 12:42 pm
I appreciate the love from everyone in this league. This was an amazing season for the Boston Mohicans. Two seasons ago we took a huge gamble and gave up a few first and 2nd round draft picks so we could grab top QB prospect Hendrick Tejonihokarawa. I was worried as ****, but he had a great rookie year and was able to hoist the Elite Bowl Trophy in his 2nd season.

The numbers for the Mohicans was outstanding as well this season. QB Hendrick Tejonihokarawa was the QB MVP this year edging out superstar QB Jon Johnson of the Crusaders. Kyle Olson was the RB MVP of the league placing 3rd in rushing yards with 10 TDs and 7 recieving TDs. John Smoke Johnson earned the WR MVP this season with over 1000 yards receiving and 10 TDs. On Defense Kenneth Romo won the DE MVP. Lastly, in his 11th season, veteran Troy Walters placed 2nd in the running for CB MVP behind the speedster standout Ronnie Taylor of the Vegas Venom. Walters should likely retire into the sunset after this ring.

I also took a look at my defensive play selection and realized that I actually didn't have any 4-3 formation optimum overuse or whatever that is called. As I stated earlier in this thread, I have always balanced my play selection usage with a good mixture of 4-3, Nickel, and Dime formations. Also, Grandpa stated there are no long pass plays....... but in just our last two games, and many during the season, both teams ripped off several huge chunk yardage pass plays. Sometimes maybe when games are low scoring, perhaps it is because both teams, and owners, are pretty good. See ya next season folks. ;)
Last edited at 11/27/2023 12:44 pm

By casualcnote
11/27/2023 3:20 pm
Congratulations to Boston on winning it all.

By GrandadB - League Admin
11/27/2023 6:57 pm
Congrats Phal, that was a good one, not having Rhodes was a big problem for us, I had to pick up a FA WR and convert him to RB for the game, first time that I can remember having to thatt. Was surprised when we didnt kick the FG to take the lead instead of going for it on 4th, and then the fumble at the end that cost us the win, the Sim giveth and taketh away, lol. Will see how it goes for adapting full play selection and diversity for next season. So far, its been a success in the FCS, and then the DFL & NCAA leagues, more of a challenge to play and execute than a limited play selection and use. Hopefully, JDB will be able to implement that in the upcoming new version of the game, along with other improvements, so its not a variable anymore and does not have to be monitored or enforced.
Last edited at 11/27/2023 6:59 pm

By Redneckgopher
11/27/2023 9:02 pm
Congratulations Mohicans
great season

By Vikings_Fan
11/28/2023 12:22 am
Congrats, Mohicans! I'm brand new to this league but a frequent playoff opponent with you over in the VFL. (I've got a big task ahead of me trying to get this artificial intelligence neglected squad, worst team in the league, ready to move in the direction of being competitive.)