League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2044 Season GG Thread

By MistbornJedi
10/12/2022 3:30 pm
Nice game Kings, tough team that kept it interesting throughout. I got extremely nervous when you ran the opening kickoff back 105 yards for a touchdown. And again when you rallied in the 4th and recovered the onside kick. I'm sure you'll be back in the hunt next season.

By MistbornJedi
10/14/2022 9:08 am
Great game, Crazy Razor! Always love the drama of OT in the playoffs!

By CrazyRazor
10/14/2022 10:00 am
MistbornJedi wrote:
Great game, Crazy Razor! Always love the drama of OT in the playoffs!

GG Moria. I was hoping I could keep it respectable. Never thought I would be that close to winning! Good luck in the title game.

By GrandadB - League Admin
10/14/2022 3:32 pm
Some kind of game LR, no doubt for the title. You have to be able to stop the FB Dive to have a shot at it. TO's were big, both ways. but you had the +1 on fumbles. and a 56 yard FG to win it, the sim ruled on that one. Congrats

By Legendruthless
10/14/2022 6:06 pm
GrandadB wrote:
Some kind of game LR, no doubt for the title. You have to be able to stop the FB Dive to have a shot at it. TO's were big, both ways. but you had the +1 on fumbles. and a 56 yard FG to win it, the sim ruled on that one. Congrats

GG grandad. You certainly stopped my fb dive a few times across multiple leagues. Definitely not completing at the 90% rate that some have success with. But my team was able to get lucky with TO's in this one. FG was crazy lucky as well.

By Redneckgopher
10/17/2022 7:10 am
Congrats to the Champions Outlaws/LR

By Legendruthless
10/17/2022 8:16 am
GG misitibornjedi

By Gackman
10/17/2022 9:55 am
Congrats to Oklahoma/Legendruthless on a perfect season!

By trslick
10/17/2022 11:41 am
Congrats to Oklahoma!

By GrandadB - League Admin
10/17/2022 1:06 pm
Legendruthless wrote:
GG misitibornjedi

Congrats LR, and it shows the advantages of the OLB FZ, FB Dive, and WR at TE, which produced a blow out as predicted when not countered with the same gameplan and position exploits.

51-13 good game? For those who think that Im overstating the advantages, here is what Im refering to:

WR at TE, in the Twin WR formation, WR Upton is listed at TE2 and WR2, an 80 rated WR.

2-2-OKL 33 (7:03) 4-Jerry Sanders pass complete to 17-Roderick Upton for 67 yards. TOUCHDOWN! OKL 9 MOR 8
Offensive Play: I Formation Twin WR Hard Slants
Defensive Play: Dime Normal Double WR2

Here's an overide, placing WR Upton at the RB1 position, which is not as much of a position advantage but an example of the difference .........
https://theefl.myfootballnow.com/watch/8827#1566828

And, MJedi also shows the advantage, which scores his only TD in the game, should have used the TE pass plays more often! lol........ the Twin WR Hard Slant formation and play is not available in some HC play books. If you are in a league that does not have a rule for WRs at TE, I would urge you to get that formation and play along with the overide to put your best WR in that TE spot.

2-10-OKL 30 (7:45) 12-Juan Partlow pass complete to 83-David White for 30 yards. TOUCHDOWN! OKL 3 MOR 6
Offensive Play: Shotgun Normal TE Out
Defensive Play: Dime Normal Man Cover 1 - Pass Key

Here's another Twin WR formation play with WR at TE....

3-7-OKL 33 (11:31) 4-Jerry Sanders pass complete to 17-Roderick Upton to OKL 42 for 9 yards. Tackle by 24-Ed Perry. Great move by 17-Roderick Upton to get free of his coverage.
Offensive Play: I Formation Twin WR Quick Outs
Defensive Play: Dime Flat CB3 CB4 Blitz

Defensively, the OLB Flat Zone was not used as much as in other games, but was consistently effective when it was used, by both teams, as it is for all.

This is why we will be using the new rules next season, otherwise, you have to do the same play use and overides (WR/TE) to compete, or you will get beat. I used the same as LR, which is why we had the close game for the CC. So, the new rules will affect me just as much as anyone else, but I would rather see more variety in gameplan and gameplay than less, which is what we have now. If you want to play another season with the same results, and the same PO teams, then we dont need new rules.

Just saw the post by JDB, the OLB Flat Zone and the FB Dive have been removed from the playlists, so now the only other key rule is against position exploits, primarily the WR at TE exploit.
Last edited at 10/17/2022 1:17 pm