League Forums

Main - Off-Topic

SAVE ANARCHY!

By TarquinTheDark
3/25/2020 2:24 am
I haven't done any recruiting for any leagues since I wrote ST Matters and became PE#1. It's time, I'm asking. Why ANARCHY?

A. This is one of the oldest, most storied custom leagues in MFN. It's been a great bunch of guys, and the ones who are hanging on have had those teams for many seasons. Don't let their work go to waste.

B. History lesson - As some of you know, in the months after I published ST Matters, Infinity on Trial took it upon himself to create a tweaker team in most leagues where I had a playoff contender. However, in his haste to harass and clown me, he got careless. I was no longer a member of ANARCHY, and he abandoned his team there, intact. He forgot to dismantle it. That team of -20 rejects went on to crush most opponents in the regular season, and shred several super-teams run by super-owners in the playoffs. That team was being run by the AI. This had nothing to do with superior game-planning, or rules, or substitutions, or overrides. It had everything to do with less injuries, less penalties, more completed passes, etc. In short, it was getting a bonus from the engine on every RNG roll.
Those ANARCHY owners are the guys who figured out this min/max or "balancing" side of the tweaker exploit. Then, in my role as public enemy #1, I was given the evidence and asked to go to JDB about it. JDB admits nothing, ... however, within a week the most prominent tweaker exploiters left the game for personal reasons - apply Occam's Razor.
What does all that have to do with you joining ANARCHY? If ANARCHY dies, the evidence goes away. The insiders who were perpetrating this exploit can say "didn't happen" or "didn't happen that way" or "Tarq's just a cranky sore loser", and the MFN community-at-large loses a lot more than just another league. The exploit remains swept under the rug and waiting for resurrection, and that helps push MFN into oblivion.

C. I'm not asking anyone to like me. If you don't, join ANARCHY for reason A, or to preserve Infinity's legacy, or some other reason. If you've had a team there previously, grab it again! Who wouldn't want to take a whole bunch of shots at Smirt, Pern, CrayRay, mwd, and trslick at the top of their games? I'll be there, everybody's favorite punching bag.

https://anarchy.myfootballnow.com/

We need a minimum of 10 guys to do this, but why not fill it. I'm asking here, and 79, and in Moguls first, but if you feel like sharing this, please feel free.
Last edited at 3/25/2020 3:43 am

Re: SAVE ANARCHY!

By CrazyRazor
3/25/2020 3:27 pm
Thanks for looking out for the League, Tarq. It means a lot! :)

By TarquinTheDark
3/26/2020 1:11 am
Never really left, just spent some seasons elsewhere, but I will need to rebuild.

That's 4 in one day, still need 6 more guys. (minimum)
Last edited at 3/26/2020 1:24 am

By CooterBrown
4/05/2020 7:47 pm
All right Tarq, you talked me into being another victim over in Anarchy! You did us a solid joining up over in league 79. Thanks
Last edited at 4/05/2020 7:49 pm