League Forums

Main - League Help

Contracts

By Dash
3/25/2018 9:08 pm
Cut Player
Are you sure you want to cut this player? The player will be released from your roster at the next sim. Cutting this player will free up $1,160,700 for this year's salary cap. He will count $3,791,619 against the salary cap this year and $11,142,717 against the salary cap next year.

Like ***..i didnt even sign this clown and he is on my books for a 11 million in 2 seasons and he doesn't even sniff the field..gives me no option to renegotiate with that player..and trading/cutting him wont matter as i'll still be on the hook for the bonus money..

so have no choice but to let him ride the pine till contract is up? or are there any other alternatives?

Re: Contracts

By CooterBrown
3/25/2018 9:50 pm
I feel your pain, Dash. I don't know which player it is in question, but I have had to choke on some contract and cap money from some bench warmer wonders signed or drafted by earlier ownership. Gotta luv the Big Time game of pro football.

Re: Contracts

By Infinity on Trial
3/26/2018 7:58 am
My favorite is when the CPU takes over and starts handing out tens of millions in bonus money to washed out 32-year-olds.