League Forums

Main - Team News

Canton Chronicle

By parsh
11/12/2018 4:44 pm
Your online source for "fair and balanced" news about the Canton Crush.

- Parsh (owner/editor/reporter/writer) .. that's balanced right??

Disclaimer:

I am 100% sarcastic and just doing this fun ..

Re: Canton Chronicle

By parsh
11/12/2018 8:15 pm
Kenneth Reavis QB - Coach Reavis comes on board with 0 coaching experience. Hailing from the college ranks, Reavis was known to produce several highly touted QBs playing in the game today. We cannot find what schools or players he was associated with developing.

Carol Robertson RB - Coach Robertson has joined the Crush from neither an EFL team, BCS college team or a FCS team. However, we did learn Robertson was an avid attender of the currently defunct (but soon reviving) XFL.

Walter Zachery WR - Coach Zachery has arrived as a WR guru. And by guru we mean he can spell "Wide Receiver". Said Zachery about the interview process, "that 'i' before 'e' thing almost got me".

Keith High TE - Coach High comes with NFL experience! About 20 years ago he participated in the local Punt, Pass, Kick competition and the finals were held at the Bengals stadium .. ok, the practice field adjacent .. to the parking lot .. to the stadium.

Eric Ferrell OL - Making it to the 2018 divisional finals with the Wild. Ferrell found quick work with the Talons as part of their 4 year postseason run. Said Ferrell upon his return, "Happy to be back coaching .. and no, Im not related to Will"

Johnny Singleton DL - Another coach with 0 experience has joined the staff. Coach Singleton is a certified landscape contractor in Ohio. "I heard about an opening for 'De Fense' and applied. Thought it was odd I was asked to interview for a simple landscape job."
Parsh's NOTE: I am aware that Defense joke was bad :D

Shawn Suber LB - If you want to know anything about the logic of the front office in Canton, its simply this: "Let's hire an offensive guy (specifically a former QB coach and Offensive CoOrd) as a defensive coach.

John Stroud DB - Sometimes a team gets it right hiring a coach to lead a group they formally led. With a 15-14 secondary coaching record, Stroud comes in as possibly the most qualified coach.

Walter Campbell ST - Well, he's a youngin'. At 29, Campbell has NCAA football experience. Correction: futbol experience. He loves him some kickin'.

When reached for comment about his new staff, Coach Hanson released the following 5 word statement, "I'm a dead man walking". Parsh also released a 5 word statement, "Yes coach, yes you are". Coachs' Harris and Taylor could not be reached for comment. It is assumed they are working on their resumes.

#EFL2024CantGetHereSoonEnough