League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: FA Review

By kicker10bog
2/26/2018 4:40 pm
GrandadB wrote:
Overall, I think the top two FA buys at $80 mill + were good players but not good buys. Rubin was way overbid, as the 2nd best bid was 53.6 mill. I understand the reasoning for the high bids, I just dont think they ended up being good values. In Greenes case, the 82 mill offer was not much higher than the second best at 75.8. Greene was the only elite QB up for grabs and received a total of 5 offers, the other 3 were all under $40 mill.

I definitely overpaid for Rubin. This was an overreaction to seeing how high people bid on top players the previous FA period. He's been solid though and allowed others to do more, so I don't regret it right now. I may in a season or two though. lol.

Re: FA Review

By GrandadB - League Admin
2/26/2018 4:44 pm
kicker10bog wrote:
GrandadB wrote:
Overall, I think the top two FA buys at $80 mill + were good players but not good buys. Rubin was way overbid, as the 2nd best bid was 53.6 mill. I understand the reasoning for the high bids, I just dont think they ended up being good values. In Greenes case, the 82 mill offer was not much higher than the second best at 75.8. Greene was the only elite QB up for grabs and received a total of 5 offers, the other 3 were all under $40 mill.

I definitely overpaid for Rubin. This was an overreaction to seeing how high people bid on top players the previous FA period. He's been solid though and allowed others to do more, so I don't regret it right now. I may in a season or two though. lol.

Thanks for your post on this kicker, thats the primary reason for this thread, to improve our bidding skills and player evaluations, its valuable information. cheers!