Uber competitive opening day. I managed to sign some fat slow DT that’s about to retire. SuperBowl!
That's one of the differences when you have a league full of experienced and competitive owners, you better have that wallet out for early FA, dont send any weak offers, lol. Congrats on at least gettin an old, fat & slow DT, ha!
OK, so here is the list of the top FA contracts for the first period, good luck all in the 2nd, dont go cheap if you really need the player. One of the things you might notice from this list is that many of the top players are taken by teams that are already playoff level, best w/l records, and LC competitive, I have put them in bold type. These are the teams that you are trying to catch up to, so if you want to do that, you need to start winning more of these bids! Winning bids for very good players in the FA period is one of the reasons these owners are consistent winners.
Top Signees First FA Period, in order from league transaction record, OR (overall AI rating)
1. MLB Dale Bernal, 5yr vet/76 OR 6 offers, $39.8/6yr, Maine Event
. 2nd best offer: Talons, 31.5/5yr
2. WR Jeffrey Brent, 4yrv/87 OR, 12 offers, $53.6/6, Salem Witches.
2nd best: $50.3/6, Cobras
3. C Abel Graber, 4yrv/84 OR, 17 offers!, $43.8/6, RC Cobras
, 2nd best: Misfits, $40.6
4. QB Peter Greene, 5yrv/92 OR, 5 offers, $82.0/6 Salem Bitches
, 2nd: Americans, $75.8 (that was close! ouch!) Salem landed both the best WR & QB in the FA period, both were very close bids, nicely done Crazy Razor! Makes Salem a pre-season fav to win the LC.
5. RB Joe Harshbarger, 5yrv/83 OR, 12 offers, $36.5/6 Phantoms, 2nd: Twisters, $16.4
6. FS Edwin Jenkins, 6yrv/84 OR, 15 offers, $57.1/5, Wampas, 2nd: $34.3, Riptide
7. LT Frank Jimenes, 3yrv/86 OR, 13 offers, $43.8/6, Talons
, 2nd: $41.4, Event
8. TE Quinton Johnson, 4yrv/87 OR, 8 offers, $30.8/6, Phantoms, 2nd: $25.4, Dragons, next two bids were 25.2 & 25.1, very close group. I wouldve eked that one out if it wasnt for the Phantoms bid.
9. MLB Hung Pelaez, 5yrv/83 OR, only 4 offers, $41.4/6, Event
, 2nd: $16.2, Burn, big gap in bids between 1st & 2nd, but good contract amount (around $7 mill/yr) for a very good MLB, well done eyeball. I've seen them go for much higher.
10. WLB Herbert Rubin, 3yrv/95 OR, 11 offers, $82/6, Wampas (wow!), 2nd: $53.6, Event, not close. Wampas got two good def players in first period, paid big for them, which is what you have to do on blind bids and giving yourself the best chance at landing priority players. Good job kicker.
11. RT Victor Taylor, 5/83, 8 offers, $29.3, Event, 2nd: $13.8, Twisters
12. CB Carlton Wallace, 3/83, 16 offers!, $58.7, Riptide, 2nd $50.3, Ptera's
There are a few other notable FA deals, post them and comment, we can all learn and improve our game from reviewing the bids and players in the FA periods. What was your best acquisition? What bid amount did you screw up the most? etc.
Last edited at 1/03/2018 10:43 am