The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Please welcome Gustoon as the new owner of Southern Football !

By GrandadB - League Admin
1/02/2018 3:32 pm
Gustoon has just joined the league as the owner of Southern Football . Best of luck with your team!

Re: Please welcome Gustoon as the new owner of Southern Football !

By Gustoon
1/02/2018 4:42 pm
why does my new team have 17 on their lids? Is it the amount of losses every season????

1/02/2018 5:33 pm
very unique logo in MFN, thats for sure. and no, the 17 is not related to losses, more related to average margin of victory as the Tradition is one of the LC contenders over the first two seasons of the EFL. If you lose more than 5 games its not a successful season for them, lol. Welcome Gus! great to have you in the EFL with us. Gus brings a wealth of MFN experience to the EFL, and is the league admin for the NFL, one of the other best leagues in the game.
Last edited at 1/02/2018 5:35 pm

By Gustoon
1/03/2018 12:59 am
GrandadB wrote:
very unique logo in MFN, thats for sure. and no, the 17 is not related to losses, more related to average margin of victory as the Tradition is one of the LC contenders over the first two seasons of the EFL. If you lose more than 5 games its not a successful season for them, lol. Welcome Gus! great to have you in the EFL with us. Gus brings a wealth of MFN experience to the EFL, and is the league admin for the NFL, one of the other best leagues in the game.

I'll take 5 wins now, 24 players on roster, nearly all my offers rejected. Old owner leaving a s☆☆t storm behind :/

1/03/2018 11:53 am
Noticed that a lot of players were not re-signed this season on several teams, both in this league and the AFL. In my case, I didnt resign a lot of sub 75 rated players or older players that I was pretty sure that I could replace with better out of the FA pool, or re-sign them at a lower salary. And it happens when a team owner/mgr becomes non-active and not paying attention to the roster and re-signing players, which is my best guess with the SFT after they got knocked out of the playoffs.

But, that is also what makes a good challenge, and you got plenty of salary cap to work with Gus. So start makin offers and get some good FA's! there's a lot of them over the next two sims. Dont let eyeball, Crazy, Infinity, raider, me, et al get some or all of your fair share, lol.

Dont try to "lowball" offers in this league, Gus, ha haaa!

Last edited at 1/03/2018 11:55 am

By Gustoon
1/03/2018 4:54 pm
GrandadB wrote:
Noticed that a lot of players were not re-signed this season on several teams, both in this league and the AFL. In my case, I didnt resign a lot of sub 75 rated players or older players that I was pretty sure that I could replace with better out of the FA pool, or re-sign them at a lower salary. And it happens when a team owner/mgr becomes non-active and not paying attention to the roster and re-signing players, which is my best guess with the SFT after they got knocked out of the playoffs.

But, that is also what makes a good challenge, and you got plenty of salary cap to work with Gus. So start makin offers and get some good FA's! there's a lot of them over the next two sims. Dont let eyeball, Crazy, Infinity, raider, me, et al get some or all of your fair share, lol.

Dont try to "lowball" offers in this league, Gus, ha haaa!

You know me too well ;)

1/03/2018 5:10 pm
LOL, I remember the first time I had to offer $10 mill/yr on a player, made me sick, lol. But I got him and he was a big part of winning the LC. I have seen the max bid too, on a WR & DB by a couple of the best managers in MFN, close to 19 mill/yr !! They both knew how important those two players were, at that particular time, in that particular league. cheers!
Last edited at 1/03/2018 5:11 pm

By JDOM
1/03/2018 9:02 pm
Welcome Gus....

I thought you had your hands full in DH :P