The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

2018 Conference Championships and Victory Bowl

By GrandadB - League Admin
12/28/2017 11:13 am
The 2018 season has come down to four teams left, all excellent and very capable of winning it all.

eyeball's Maine Event are home and favored by 6 points over straw18's Tallahassee Talons. Both teams had very impressive wins in the Divisional Rounds. The Event pitched a shutout in a tough defensive battle with setherick's Misfits, winning 12-0. The Talons outgunned CrazyRazor's Salem Witches team 33-28. The Witches were one of three teams that posted the best regular season record at 14-1. It will be straw's killer pass offense vs eyeball's stingy defense, a great matchup.

ray matty's Geechee won a nail-biter against my defending LC Dragons, 31-27. The Geechee are a well balanced team with a very experienced & knowledgeable manager, their strong secondary picked off 5 passes in that game. The Geechee are 4 point underdogs, going on the road to face mwd's Rancho Cucamonga Cobras, who beat a very tough Southern Tradition team managed extremely well by hkpman. The Cobras had to overcome 3 interceptions to none to win that one 23-13, with a very strong defensive effort. Another great Conference Championship matchup.

Best of luck to all four teams and managers, lets see who's going to the 2nd Inaugural Victory Bowl of the Elite Football League! And Happy New Year to all!

Re: 2018 Conference Championships and Victory Bowl

By eyeballll
12/28/2017 4:35 pm
I look forward to the game! I've lost more than a few times in the playoffs to Straw, and he might say the same about me... That aerial attack is always tough to beat, when the QB's are hot Straw's teams are unstoppable...

Thanks for the write-up, Grandad!

By straw18
12/28/2017 5:19 pm
the game with CrazyRazor's Witches has left
my guys semi shell-shocked....

...we had the early lead and were feeling
confident until we gave up a 57 yard TD
run on the last play of the 1st half...
...trailed in 4th qtr...with just over 3 minutes left...
...looked like our season was over...
....but we got a break and get to play another day

...Eyeball...oh no! ...your top CB has a knee injury...
...that may be the deciding factor...

By straw18
12/28/2017 8:47 pm
congrats Eyeball....good luck
in the big game....
....my guys didn't get it done this time...

By eyeballll
12/28/2017 10:24 pm
Good Game, Straw, it's always fun! I think I got TD's and you got FG's, that was the difference early... And the silly kickoff returned for a TD, that helped me! Good luck next year...

And on to the Cobras! Gonna hafta go all Honey Badger... Good Luck MWD, it's gonna be a good final. I have a geezer team, I hope I can win this year so I can start a rebuild...

By mwd65
12/29/2017 2:25 pm
Thanks, eyeballll! Good luck to you, also! Hope this one will be a great game!

By mwd65
12/31/2017 8:48 pm
Well, it was an exciting Victory Bowl. I feel very fortunate to get the win because, eyeballl, your team didn't get one break the whole game.

Great season, eyeballll! Hope we can both meet in the final game next season.

By eyeballll
12/31/2017 8:53 pm
Good Game, MWD! You managed to stifle my offense effectively, you had the better team today! I made it interesting at the end, but some pretty suspect playcalling shut me down... I'll have to look into that, you're a tough enough team to beat without helping you win.... Good luck next season, I'm going to give it another shot... I'm 0-2 in the final, always the bridesmaid...

By GrandadB - League Admin
12/31/2017 8:56 pm
Great game by both teams in the Victory Bowl, congrats to mwd and the Cobras, from Rancho Cucamonga, does everyone know where that is? I live about 15 miles west of there, lol. Maybe 3rd time will be the charm for the Event next season, should be a good one. Happy NY all!

By Wolveraider
12/31/2017 9:21 pm
Congratz mwd on your championship! Well done!