League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Most Improved Teams 2018 Regular Season

By GrandadB - League Admin
12/21/2017 11:17 pm
The EFL has turned around this season and become one of the better league's in MFN IMHO. Personal thanks to all the new owners who came in so we could finish the first season and then continued on with their respective teams to make the 2018 season a lot of fun.

The Most Improved Team Awards go to:

1. Tallahassee Talons/straw18, +7 wins, 8-8 to 15-1, Walsh Division Winner
straw's vaunted passing attack offense was dominant all season, the Talons have a good shot at winning the LC, one of the favorites. super job, straw, congrats!.

2. Knoxville Misfits/setherick, +6 wins, 5-11 to 11-5! seth showed why he is considered one of the most knowledgeable and experienced owners in the game, if not the most. The Misfits are a dangerous team to reckon with in the upcoming playoffs, excellent job seth. Seth has been very open to sharing his knowledge and opinions on player attributes and play call strategy, his post on player attributes in the general forum is a must read for any owner. You are a real asset to this league seth, appreciate your being a part of it.

3. Bennington Bulldogs/trslick, +4 wins, 5-11 to 9-6 trslick has become one of the best game planners in MFN, I can attest to that, as he put one on me in a recent LC in the NFL league. Fine job this season with the Bulldogs, trs, won't be surprised to see the Bulldogs in the playoffs next season.

4. Santa Fe Bandits/Baby Huey, +4 wins, 5-11 to 9-7, fantastic job by BH of turning the Bandits into a contender and almost making the playoffs. The Bandits beat the Knoll Div winning Dragons twice this season, which knocked them out of the bye week (thanks a lot BH, lol).

5. Portland Thunder/JDOM, +3 wins, 5-11 to 8-8, JDOM came into the season late, after the Portland Thunder roster had been severely mismanaged and were 2-5, and turned in a 5-4 record down the stretch! The FA acquisitions and roster cuts he made are worth reviewing in the transaction record for those who are rebuilding their teams. The Thunder should be a contender next season. Well done mate!

6. Arkansas Twisters/wolfie, +3 wins, 4-12 to 7-9, wolfie is one of the "up and comers" and did a fine job picking up 3 more wins this season with the Twisters. The Twisters gave the Dragons all they could handle in a 27-23 outcome late in the season. Congrats wolfie, you are doing a fine job with the team.

Those are the most improved this season, would appreciate it if the award winners would comment on what they did to improve their teams. There may be a few things or something that you may not want to reveal, but, on the other hand, that is what makes a MFN league better and stronger, sharing knowledge and opinions. Congrats to all of the "Most Improved", looking forward to see how it goes next season.

Last edited at 12/21/2017 11:21 pm

By JDOM
12/22/2017 3:54 am
Thanks for the kind words...another victim died tonight.

Puff puff puff hmmmmmmmm

By trslick
12/22/2017 8:40 am
Thanks Gdad, we picked up some help in FA and the draft filled a spot or two on the O-line!

By wolfie
12/22/2017 4:25 pm
thanks for the mention , i think i did a fair job with a mediocre team , really all i did was change a few settings , coaches and key players , and changed the way the play calling was handled , i think next year , maybe 2 , are gunna be ruff , im losing some key players to FA this up coming off season and think , i might be in for another loooong season or 2 , but im no quiter (hence the BETA-87 league) , ill be a thorn in someones side eventually lol

By Pernbronze
12/22/2017 7:38 pm
Another year and more plugged holes are needed for the last place in their division red rocks.