League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Please welcome MoonPygg as the new owner of Star City!

By GrandadB - League Admin
11/13/2017 4:57 pm
MoonPygg has just joined the league as the owner of Star City. Best of luck with your team!

Re: Please welcome MoonPygg as the new owner of Star City!

By MoonPygg
11/13/2017 7:29 pm
thank you.

11/14/2017 12:42 am
Happy to have you with us, if you have any questions or need some advice/suggestions, dont hesitate to post in the league forum or pm one of the other owners. The Star City "Dactyls" had a strong opening season, you have a good team to start with there. Best of luck, cheers, gdb

11/30/2017 11:04 pm
Hi Moon, what happened? too much info? sorry to see you drop Star City, we can change the dumb name next season. lol cheers, gdb

By punisher
12/01/2017 11:38 am
GrandadB wrote:
Hi Moon, what happened? too much info? sorry to see you drop Star City, we can change the dumb name next season. lol cheers, gdb

Star City Golden Pteradacdyls = https://theefl.myfootballnow.com/team/16

it isnot their name Grandadb look at the room under the cap which it says $22,943 for that team that is why he dropped them real fast.

12/01/2017 2:53 pm
It could have been that plus he has not had much experience yet, was trying to help him with the team but it was too much too early. Would have liked to see Moon hang in there, maybe another day. If you look at the league transactions you will see that he was not able to re-sign any of the players up for new contract on the first offers, and did not know the players yet, so that had a lot to do with it to. For someone with several months experience or more, it would have been a lot easier. In the meantime, lets get Star City set up with a new owner. cheers!
Last edited at 12/01/2017 3:04 pm

By punisher
12/01/2017 3:33 pm
GrandadB wrote:
It could have been that plus he has not had much experience yet, was trying to help him with the team but it was too much too early. Would have liked to see Moon hang in there, maybe another day. If you look at the league transactions you will see that he was not able to re-sign any of the players up for new contract on the first offers, and did not know the players yet, so that had a lot to do with it to. For someone with several months experience or more, it would have been a lot easier. In the meantime, lets get Star City set up with a new owner. cheers!

good luck trying to get a new owner for that team

whoever does they would have trade alot just to get some cap space to sign their players whose contracts are coming up this year.

12/01/2017 6:36 pm
It's a challenge, but Ive seen teams in a lot worse shape to begin with. There are players that have higher salaries than they are worth, you replace those and bring the cap down. There are overpaid players you can cut that wont be bid on in early FA that you can pick right back up for minimum contracts. The "Dacs" won their division last season going 11-5. They've gone 2-5 this season w/o any owner and AI gameplanning. I could take that team right now and compete for the division and playoffs. In fact, I gave Moon all the moves that I would make if I did take the team, and I will provide the same to the new owner if he wants it, I will also send it to anyone else in the league who would like to have a look. Just PM me and I will send it to you, it's a good example of what to do to turn around or improve a team quickly. cheers! gdb

By JDOM
12/01/2017 10:00 pm
I recently took over Portland that...well...looked like it was sabotaged. My reasons for thinking this is that if you look at Portlands team transactions in Week 6, the owner was signing CRAZY contracts when there was no genuine need to.

This left the team with under 1 mil in the cap and at least 3 stud players that could not be re-signed if I had just carried on without batting an eyelid. The team was also horribly set up...LT returning KO's ? ZERO speed on D ? Some settings were well out of tune...to the point where it left me in no doubt that this was a deliberate act to sink a franchise.

I now have tons of speed on D, kicked the dead-wood to the curb and have over 3.7 Million under the cap. Granted, some of the new acquisitions might seem sub-par in initial rating...but those are the sacrifices that need to be made.

If anyone finds themselves in such a position again, I would not hesitate GrandadB's advice. He aided me immensely in turning a VERY bleak situation into to one that is now much more manageable and will compete (hopefully)

12/02/2017 4:02 pm
Thanks J! Jeez, 93 views so far on this thread, interesting.