The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Trade Rule

By GrandadB - League Admin
7/16/2021 5:39 pm
The primary rule to avoid highly severe, unbalanced trades that are 1. detrimental to a team that has had a low finsih season(s), and 2. detrimental to the rest of the league. In most cases one of the top perennial winning teams/owner is involved. The type of trade Im referring to is when a team with a 1.1 through 1.10 pick, trades that high first rounder to a team with a 1.25 to 1.32, for picks and players with "false" trade meter values. If that occurs, and I dont think that it has in the Elite League, I will ask that the trade be reversed and non-compliance will face expulsion. If you need an example of this type of trade, it will be in the next post in this thread. GdB, League Admin

Re: Trade Rule

7/16/2021 5:53 pm
the following trade, from another league, is a perfect example of what will be considered an illegal trade in the Elite League.

The Patriots have won over 12 games in each season since the league started, 2 conference champs and a league champ in their last four season. The Chiefs are the opposite, having only won 3 games total over their last 4 seasons, including 2 zero win seasons, by the same owner. BTW, if there is an owner on the same pitiful level as the KC owner in this example, I will contact and reach out to help, if there is no reply and/or no effort to improve, they will lose the team ownership in this league.

New England Patriots sends:

John Clore (CB) 9 yr vet, sub 70 Ai rating, -6 progress, decent stats as sub but a lot of that may be due to better defense and play selection, trade meter - 33

Theodore Shockley (WR) 9yr player, gettin the picture here? my weights have him at 75, trade meter = 167

John Forte (WR) Oh, guess what? another 9 yr player, and WRs lose speed on their 9th season, my weights have him at 82 which is good, but not goin into 9th season, trade meter - 275

2029 Round 1.30

Kansas City Chiefs sends:
Robert Bailey (WR) I didnt bother to look at these players attributes & ratings
Edward Morrell (MLB)
Benjamin Thomas (FS)
2027 Round 1 (Kansas City) This was the 1.1 pick!

So, this trade was not reversed and I will probably quit my team in this league as a result. The 1.1 pick was used for a monster LB, going on an already top 3 defense. There have been several comments about it, and there is strong agreement that it was a rip-off trade, and raises a question about the KC owner being a dupe account. If you would like to know what league this took place in, pm me.

As I look at this trade again, I cant even believe the trade meter allowed it ! Usually, the players from the team with the low first round pick are over-inflated trade meter values, the highest value was only 275, so whatever the 1.1 trade meter was, it looks like this just barely cleared the 1200 mark (based on 2400 value for a 1.1).
Last edited at 7/16/2021 6:07 pm

By andrewjolson71
7/23/2021 11:13 am
Did this trade you are referencing happen in a previous season from when the draft was occurring? Because if so, the value for the 1.1 pick would have been much lower. It only jumps to 2400 or whatever until that current season and the draft order is set. But yes, that trade sure seems like a rip-off.

7/23/2021 10:02 pm
andrewjolson71 wrote:
Did this trade you are referencing happen in a previous season from when the draft was occurring? Because if so, the value for the 1.1 pick would have been much lower. It only jumps to 2400 or whatever until that current season and the draft order is set. But yes, that trade sure seems like a rip-off.

Yes, it did, which is typical of that kind of rip off or favor trade. Wont let that kind of trade happen as long as Im L Admin.